Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We have really enjoyed our long weekend. I always love those :)! Here's my sweet Soph!! Oh... like our new blue recliner :)??? This was Kyle's grandad's and he really wanted it in our living room... how could I say no? :)

Sleeping Beauty


Before school on Friday.... GO BOBCATS~



Karter thought he needed to bring the water hose in the house before the football game Friday night. Thankfully it wasn't on.... but it did drizzle a little. Let that boy be outside and have a water hose.... he is the happiest 16 month old ever!


Heidi was supposed to cheer Friday night with the cheer camp girls.... much to my surprise she wouldn't participate! She's always been the type that if she doesn't want to do something...she's not going to do it! Sara and Meri Beth took her on the field at least... so that's as close as she would get to the action.



At the game Friday night Karter kept coming up and holding Sophie's hand... playing with my hair, giving me kisses, etc. :) He's so sweet!







Heidi spent the game walking around with Sara and Meri Beth. Karter had a good time and then he gave it up..... ole Sophie girl really did good.... she got super hot though and then got fussy.... she has never been one that liked sweating!


My heart literally sank Friday night. Heidi went to the concession stand with my dad and Uncle Sonny. Well while they were gone I decided that I would take Sophie and Karter home and go ahead and get them ready for bed. Well when we finally got to the top (I'm not liking all the construction at the stadium... NOT a good timing) we saw my dad and he said "Is Heidi with y'all?" Well she wasn't.... long story short... she was lost. I have never been so scared and felt so helpless. Everyone that we came to we would ask them if they had seen her.... no one had. We all went different directions and still couldn't find her. I was about to go to the press box and have them announce her name when I saw Kyle and he told me that they had found her. She had made her way back to our seat. We sat on the other side of the band in front of the cheerleaders.

The reason we didn't pass her when we were walking was because we walked across the bottom... like you are suppose to with all this construction and she walked across the top over everyone and their seat. I was SOOOO relieved and so happy. All I kept thinking was... everyone knows Heidi... this shouldn't be hard to find her... but why hadn't anyone seen her? All I know is she was safe and I could catch my breath again.

She's my new go go girl! She wants to stay gone ALL THE TIME!! She's always asking to go here or there. Saturday she went to the Troy game with my dad, Yana, and Tyler. She had a wonderful time! She got tattoos, Troy shirts, and a Troy hairbow. She started asking when she could go to "Poppy and Nonni's house "as soon as her feet hit the floor Saturday morning.


Heidi on her way to Troy:







So Saturday we only had two kids! Kyle was on call this weekend and actually had to end up going to the Daleville store. Before he left he done a lot of yard work for us. He dug up a HUGE Azalea bush that I've really been wanting moved... and moved around some other bushes for his mom.

Sophie enjoyed the day...and got several outfit changes due to spitting up. She has been spitting up awful lately.






Before church yesterday morning


He looks so pitiful in this picture to me. His daddy took it!


Heidi looks too growny in this picture


Today was WONDERFUL! Heidi stayed last night with my mom... and she, my mom, and Kyky got here about 10:30 this morning and didn't leave until almost 7:00 tonight. We literally have been outside most all day. Karter and I started off out there at 9:00 this morning. It was such a beautiful day. I put out all my fall stuff this morning while Sophie was napping.

KyKy took the kiddos swimming while mom, Soph, and I went to the grocery store.






We were determined that we were going to have a wonderful grilled meal on Labor Day. So that we did! We grilled chicken, sausage, had potato salad, fresh peas, Velveeta shells for the kids and Kyle, deviled eggs, and rolls.

Heidi helped me make Strawberry icecream! It was really good... except the recipe called for 3 Tablespoons of vanilla... and I really think it should have only been 3 teaspoons. Still the recipe was wonderful... and easy!

Heidi was pureeing (sp?) the strawberries and of course "tasting" the icecream mixture.




Oh.... I didn't mention... Kyle had to work today :(! He had to work today and is off this Friday. So he couldn't spend this fabulous day with us. And unfortunately he worked late and didn't get home until 7:45.



KyKy took these next pictures.









Haha this was the first time my mom and I had ever grilled from start to finish. Well... KyKy and my mom actually did the charcoal and stuff while I was doing something... hehe... oh yeah.. the icecream. But anyway... I was putting the chicken on and I thought... what if it sticks??? So my mom got some Pam.... HAHA little did we know that it was flammable! Thankfully we weren't looking over it when she sprayed it. We were both standing right there at it... so we jumped a little!! HAHA!






KyKy had to get in some Sophie time!



She is still so petite and small. She's the smallest out of the three!

Karter woke up from his nap and had to help!

I don't know what kind of face I'm making *hehe*!


KyKy was super tired.

Oh my little fish!! He LOVES the water.



HAHA Okay so I had this bright idea that I would bathe Sophie in the big bath tub with the other two.... not the smartest thing I've ever came up with.


She DID NOT like it... not even a little bit.
So we have really had a wonderful day.... and it seemed to really be a long day... not long as in ready for it to be over... but long as in the daylight just seemed to have lasted just as long as we wanted it to. Now we are all so tired... and about to call it a night.

I just took this little video of my sweet Kman playing in the pool. So nice to be a child and have no worries in the World! I LOVE my CrAzY, tIrEd life.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like yall had a fung day! I should have invited myself over!!!

    ReplyDelete