Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh what a night....

I'll start off by saying that Kyle didn't get home until right at 9:00 tonight!! WOW!! That's the latest he has worked in a long time. Soooo it was just me and the kiddos all night. But all in all we really had a good night being just us 4!

My mom picked the kiddos up from KW today.... and they went and rode the gator for a little while.... I got home about 530ish i guess... and the got here about 6. While they were gone, I washed a load of clothes, unloaded and loaded the dish washer, and swept and mopped the hard wood floor. I was hoping to get vacuuming in and cleaning under the kitchen sink, but that had to be pushed to another day :)!! Anyway... mom dropped them off because she had to go to the funeral home.

So.... the kids and I went outside to play for a little while. I was holding Sophie and Heidi decided to practice hitting the ball off the tee. She did really good BTW! Karter would walk up to her and then he'd go after his own ball.... he even "hit" it a couple times with the bat. And I kept telling Heidi... be careful.... watch your brother... do NOT swing when he's around. Well I don't know why I turned my head... but I did... so I actually did not see it happen, but I heard it.... it sounded like she hit the ball.... "PPPPIIINNNNGGGG" and then I heard screaming and I heard Heidi immediately saying "Me sorry me sorry me sorry.... me say me sorry....." She whopped Karter upside the left side of his face/head. Of course it was an accident, but it scared me really bad.... I jumped up and ran and picked him up because I'm thinking we're about to have to go to the E.R. .. I told Heidi to grab my phone, camera, and burp cloth. And anyway we ran inside and I "threw" Sophie in her swing so I could check Karter out. Thankfully he was and is fine!! There was a mark... but by the time he went to bed I didn't see anything. SOOO that was pretty exciting.

Then the kiddos wanted something to eat... easy night tonight.... Heidi wanted a grill cheese and Karter got fish sticks. I guess he had too much of a snack because his fish sticks wound up on the floor instead of his tummy!

After they ate I bathed Sophie and once I got her bathed I stuck them two in. Sophie fell asleep in my arms while we sat in the bathroom with them. Karter has gotten to wear he doesn't love his bath.... once he gets in he almost immediately starts pointing to the towel wanting out. HEHE Last night I got Sophie out and had her all snuggled in her towel on the rug beside me while I bathed the other two.... well I generally get Karter out first since he begs and anyway I snuggled him up with his towel beside Sophie while I got Heidi.... well that joker stood up and got out of his towel and started peeing!! Pee'd Sophie, her towel, and of course all over the floor. I started screaming for Kyle and caught the rest of the pee with his towel *L*!

I layed Sophie down and then fixed Karter some milk... and he, Heidi, and I snuggled in the recliner finally.... and he let me rock him to sleep :) Motherhood is wonderful :) I LOVE it!! Even the challenging moments... but I do have to say it's a lot easier with Kyle here to help me.

Heidi was super excited to see her daddy walk in the doors! She jumped out of the chair and ran to him! It was really sweet. But anyway... we are all finally settled in for the night... maybe it'll be another good night!

*** OH I took some pictures of her practicing ball, but my camera died in the midst of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment