Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day- Venting

Before I start my sappy post.... I want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to ALL of our Veterans!! I am so thankful for my freedom and for being born in the United States of America! Thank you to everyone that serves and has served for our Country!

Here's a happy picture of my sweet Soph :) She really lights up my days! All of my children do... but I think because I "didn't want her".... I feel a special bond with her. I'm so thankful that we have her.... planned or unplanned.

Now.... sorry for the sappy post, but I am feeling a little down right now. I got home from the Trunk Show at about 7:40. Well that is still early, although it really does feel super late. Well I walk in the door and Kyle was on the couch holding sleeping Karter, his mom was in the recliner holding sleeping Sophie, and Heidi was in the other recliner asleep. Kyle was so tired that he didn't even give me a hello, how was the party, buy anything?, kiss my foot, NOTHING! It just sorda hurt my feelings to come home to a "quiet" household. ALL of my babies were asleep :(.... so I missed out on rocking them... bathing them, feeding them, etc. Yes I understand that a lot of moms would appreciate that break, but I really enjoy my children and doing for them each night... although it is extremely stressful at times. It was very odd for me to be somewhere and not have at least one child with me (although I'm going out with some girlfriends next Friday night to Olive Garden..... I haven't had that since I was in the hospital after having Sophie). My intentions were to take the girls with me tonight, but my brother is home.... so when it comes to choosing between my and Kyky.... I am always out voted.

Well since the children were all asleep, I started cleaning. The kitchen and girls rooms were a disaster. I feel like I am constantly cleaning. A house with 3 small kids is NEVER clean! I am cleaning one room while they are destroying the other. Anyway.... Kyles mom left and when she did he said "I don't know how you do it".... really???? he finally says that after 4 months :)!! He FINALLY appreciates all I do. For someone on the outside looking in, you have no idea the amount of work that goes into every day life here. It's absolutely rewarding, but incredibly tiring. It's a tired that you really don't ever get to "rest up on".... you just learn a "new rested". And it doesn't matter how many hands you have to help you, it is still so tiring. Unfortunately my sweet dad has to work a lot... and a lot of long hours :( if not, I know he would be here. But thankfully my mom and his mom are able to help anyway they can. Kyle and I were talking tonight.... and just someone rocking a child... is more help than you can imagine.

Anyway.... I guess I am through venting. I'm just lonely tonight I guess. My husbands tired... and although I was with my kiddos majority of the day, I still miss them :( And miss that ALL of them are asleep. I like my nightly closer... my nightly kisses, our nightly prayer routine... teeth brushing, etc. Now I just have a clean kitchen and a basket full of Sophie's clothes beside me to fold. Better get to it before they get wrinkled and I have to iron all of them :)!



HAHA I have to end with this..... this is how I went to work yesterday. I got to Kids World and I was telling Lori that right before we left the house Karter brought a thing of foundation that he found in the play room to me. I knew some had gotten on him, so I tried to get most of it off.... and I knew that he was putting his fingers all over me... but seriously...what's unusual about that? Anyway.... I had gobs of foundation on both pant legs. This picture is actually AFTER I washed what I could off. I'm telling you.... every day is a surprise with him. I call him (instead of TX tornado) my little Alabama Tornado. Since having kids, I have gone to work with a lot of stuff on me.... but foundation is definitely a new one.

Thanks for letting me express my depression tonight :(!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment