Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend overview (tw wreck)

And here's how the story goes........

My dad got off from work early on Friday.... so he took Tyler and I to lunch and then picked up the kiddos. Lunch was so nice. We haven't done that in a long time. Friday night we just hung out at Dad & Yanas and ate pizza.


My big boy playing around at Papa & Nana's.


He had to get in the jumping thing like Sophie :)


That night, Heidi ended up spending the night at Meme's because Shelly Kate and Miley Grace did. Well Friday morning Kyle and I were wide awake at 5:45.... then a few minutes later, the babies woke up. So anyway he was rocking Karter and I was rocking Sophie and he said, "We're up... let's go to prayer breakfast". So we got ready and went to prayer breakfast (it starts at 7am). When we got there I saw Yana, but I couldn't find my dad.... well then she asked me if I had talked to my mom??? I hadn't.... and my heart sunk for a minute!!

Then she told me.... Tyler wrecked his truck early Saturday morning. She got up at 2:30am and he wasn't home, so she texted him and told him it was late and he needed to come home. He replied back and said OK... he was at "new mex" (that's what he and his friends call Rancho Grande) and would be right on. No, Rancho wasn't opened, they were just in the parking lot talking. Anyway if you do not know where Rancho is in correlation to my dads house, it isn't far at all. Less than 3 miles.. maybe even 2?? Anyway.... Tyler fell asleep and wrecked 300 feet from my dads house. (The police told him that most accidents happen 500 feet from your house). He fell asleep, went over the lane of traffic, hit the huge ditch, came out of the ditch... hit the silver pole, and landed sideways by the tree. In the process he was not wearing his seat belt (lesson learned) so his face plowed the windshield, and busted it.

He said when he came to he was very disoriented and thought for a second that someone was with him, so he started yelling.... no one could hear him! He was on the passenger side of the truck... which was the side laying on the ground. He had to climb out of the truck through the driver window. He said he could feel the blood all over his face... had no idea where he was cut or anything... he could just taste it and feel it. His shirt and jacket were covered with blood.... his CDs in his truck were covered with blood.... you could see his bloody finger prints on the door from where he was climbing out.... and you could follow a "spit" trail to my dads house from where he kept spitting the blood out.

He got almost to dads front door and realized he didn't have his keys and he left his truck on. So he went back to the truck and turned it off and got his house keys. Yana said as a parent, you are praying that they make it home safely... and when you hear the door open, it's a sigh of relief. Well not that morning! He turned the lights on through the house and told dad to hurry come here.... she said his face was covered with blood and he was scared to death. From the way the truck looked on its side, dad didn't know if it was drivable or not.... so he called the record to come get it. WELL the Record Company then has to call the police department, rescue squad, and fire department. So there was lots of excitement on East Hart Avenue at 3:00 in the morning. Thankfully Tyler is okay. He's of course really sore, and his face is swollen.... I have pictures to share. I wish I had of taken one when I first got there Saturday morning. It broke my heart into a million pieces. He still had the bandages on him that the rescue squad did.... and white tape all on his face... it looked awful!



The picture on the left was right when he got up... the one on the right was Saturday afternoon.... you can tell how much more swollen he got as the day went on.


You can see his tracks.... that ditch is pretty deep... although hard to tell in this picture.

The pile he landed against.

Where his pretty face hit :(

I didn't realize that the glass would stick to the tint?!?!? But this is the passenger window.... oh and the air bags did NOT deploy?!??!?!?!

Front of his truck.

This was taken yesterday after church. The inside of his mouth looks awful... it's all cut up!! They didn't stitch it since the mouth heals the fastest.

So anyway.... God was definitely with him! And hopefully he'll wear his seat belt from now on!! No matter if he is just up the road.

This was yesterday morning before getting ready for church.

He is very observant of what Sophie does.... he is constantly around her!!

Meme had to babysit Jon Wesley and Leigh Ann's mommy dog and puppy for a few days.... Heidi really enjoyed that!!!

Last night coming home from church :) They have gotten to where they hold hands now.... very sweet. She'll reach over there to get his hand... and he'll start giving her "High Fives" and then will hold it.

So needless to say we had a very eventful weekend. Yesterday afternoon Karter started not feeling well at all... runny nose, and very whiny. Well then Sophie had a fever.... I am up with her now (4:45 AM) she was just kind of whiny... in her sleep... so I went ahead and got her and came fed her and rocked her and gave her some more Tylenol. I don't know if she is teething or what?? She had 2 AWFUL explosion diapers yesterday.... that and the fever would normally indicate teething.... BUT she has also had a runny nose... so I don't know if it may be something else? Heidi was hardly ever sick!! She had ear trouble and that was it.... these two babies... I tell you... I feel like I am going to the DR with them every other week. Granted my mom kept Heidi until she was 1 1/2.... so that helped.... with daycare you have to make sure they are "well"... so they won't get the other children sick... which makes total sense!! But does keep you running.

Anyway... she's asleep now so I am going to see if I might can get 30 more minutes in?? HAHA!! Kyle's alarm will go off in 13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment