Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cavities.....

UHHHHH I HATE cavities.  Before I ever had a cavity, I used to think of them as something digusting and "un-clean".  I can remember being so embarrassed when I had my first one because I felt dirty?!?!?  The funny thing is.... I never had a cavity until I had kids.  I think I have had 4 since Heidi has been born.  Not sure the reasoning?!?!? I haven't changed the way I brush my teeth *L*.... most days I brush them at least 3 times a day. 

My entire life, my teeth have been my "pride and joy" so to speak.  I used to only drink clear liquids because of the chance of them staining.... if I thought they were getting even almost stained, I would do the Crest white strips.  If I drink dark liquids, then I drink them through a straw.  So strange I know.... but to me a person's teeth really "says" a lot about them.

Anyway..... I had a HORRIBLE experience the first time I had a cavity filled.  Ever since then, I have been completely terrified and the thought of a cavity makes me cringe.  I used to LOVE going to the dentist, but now I just hold my breath everytime I go that they will not tell me those horrifying words. 

Well guess what......????? I had a "small" cavity filled last week and today I had to get a "bigger" one "corrected".  The one today has been leaking?!?!?!?!?  So they had to "plow" more than usual.  They know I am a big chicken when it comes to getting a cavity filled, so today when she used the word "plow" with me, I told her that was sooooo much better than HOLE!!!  I told my dentist and her aide last week that I would much rather give birth everyday than get a cavity filled and that's the truth.

BUT let me tell you..... things have changed since I had my bad experience.  OMG you know what.... I forgot that they didn't turn the massages on in the chair today.... hmmmmm.  Last week she hooked me up with some "gas" and asked me if I wanted to turn the massage on..... haha hello..... YES!!!!  Look I felt like I was floating in the air.  I was sooooo relaxed.  I am sure I could have conquered the entire World.  I felt NO pain.  I could hear the drilling and feel the vibration, but no pain.  I am not a napper, but last week and today, I just lay there with my eyes closed and it was just such a carefree experience *L*!! 

Now that's not to say that I don't mind getting a cavity anymore.  I still have the exact same feelings about them as I did before.  But I won't be dreading it and losing sleep over them anymore :)!! 

Sure would be nice if we could somehow figure out how to get that chair and nitrogen machine in the house and I might could learn to be a napper :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment