Thursday, June 28, 2012

Walmart & God At Work....

So I wanted to start my blog with this short clip of Sophie at Walmart talking to this dear sweet lady behind us in line.  They carried on the best conversation.  Which Soph spoke to everyone in the store already... but this lady and Soph were neat to watch and listen to. 

Anyway she just talked and talked to us the entire time we were checking out.  Well while the lady was still ringing my stuff up, I offered to put this ladies groceries on the "thing" so she didn't have to get out.  For some reason before anything had ever been said, I had already thought.... I really should give the cashier some money to go towards her purchase. 

Well she had rung up my last item and the sweet lady started to panic.... she couldn't find her wallet.  She said it was laying in her cart, but was now missing.  She kept saying over and over, "Please don't let this discourage you from being nice and helping someone out.  I know you didn't take it".  The thing is I never even saw her with her wallet.  She was confident that she didn't leave it in the car.  Anyway I went ahead and told the cashier to ring up her groceries and I would pay for them.  In the mean time, the lady told us that a guy did help her get her milk (she had 2 gallons and two 1/2 gallons) and arrange it in her buggy.  She didn't think he stole her wallet, but he was the only other one before me that messed with her groceries. 

Well the cashier was almost finished ringing her stuff up when a man walked up to me and said, " I got it from here.... I am her son.  I thought you were still doing your groceries and didn't realize you were doing hers".  Almost like I made him uncomfortable?  I told him what was going on with the wallet.... and felt I had no choice but to walk off at that moment. 

I was almost able to buy her groceries and to be honest, I was feeling really good that I was going to be able to do this for this lady.  I know by him walking up at the very end  that for whatever reason God didn't want me to.  I really felt like this was a "God thing".... because the weird thing is.... before her son walked up to us, I hadn't even seen him standing around. 

I am anxious to know though if she found her wallet.  That bothered me the rest of the evening. 

Anyway..... I still hope to one day surprise someone and bless them with a free meal or free groceries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment