Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kindergarten is Over :( - End of the Year Party

My friend Morgan had this brilliant idea to throw an end of the year party for Heidi & Conner and all their friends.  It turned out great!!  We celebrated the day after school let out, so they were all pumped of course. 


 Morgan did a fabulous job decorating. 





It is so hard for me to believe that our baby girl is now considered a "1st grader".  My time has flown by.  Really makes me sad.  I just look at her all the time and think about my "baby girl" Heidi. 

I am beyond happy about all of her accomplishments in kindergarten :)!  She has improved in sooo many areas.  She can read, she can pretty much sound out most words and write them, she has improved on her speech tremendously and will probably only go twice a week this next school year, and she has opened up a bit more in public.  She is still super shy don't get me wrong, but she will at least speak to some people when we are out and about now *L*!

I took these pictures on the last day of school while we were in the school line....



 Oh gosh I saw this fabulous idea on pinterest and could not get it out of my head.  You are supposed to do it the beginning of each grade, but I didn't see it until 1/2 way through so I said for Kindegarten it would have to be on the last day.  Isn't it too stinkin' cute? 



I am sure before I can turn around I'll be write a post about her last day of 1st Grade.

I have to be honest.... I am nervous about 1st grade.  Mostly because that grade really starts the "homework homework".... that makes me nervous.  I think about the one on one time that she is going to need with her studies and knowing how much attention her brother and sister require makes me nervous thinking about how I am going to handle that.  I guess we'll find us a routine that works and try to stick to that.

I'm a little behind on several different posts I have wanted to do, so I am sure over the next few days there will be a lot of catch up posts :)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment