Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Day Fun!

 Although Santa actually comes for us tonight (#oilfieldlife), we still had a very nice Christmas.  Besides.... it's not about Santa anyway :)!!  We spent Christmas Eve afternoon and night at my moms house.  I cannot tell you the last time I spent the night with her.  It was really nice.  I didn't sleep worth a toot, but just spending time there and not being rushed from here to there was nice.

Monday night we went to Kyle's Uncle Jud's house.  We had a great time hanging out with his family.  Jud even had fireworks ready to put on a show! 

The kiddos loved his cousin Neal & Anna's dog, Daisy.  I think Daisy enjoyed them too :)...



Charlotte helping Kman with a Roman Candle.

MeMe and the girls watching
 With Christmas being in the middle of the week, it has kept my days so mixed up for some reason.  I kept forgetting some people had to go back to work today.  I guess I was thinking it was Saturday all day yesterday.

Anyway, we got to Moms Tuesday afternoon and enjoyed a VERY yummy supper.  After supper, we just hung out... watched some Netflix documentaries... and just enjoyed each others company.

Soph has been needing a trimming super badly, so mom took care of that for me :)!!
 Karter thought he needed one since Sophie got one...
 Just out of the blue she started saying, "You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'"?... so got her to say it on video :)!!
 Somehow Heidi talked mom into letting them open a gift Christmas Eve.....

 Heidi told the babies that Santa would still come and fill the stockings, so we had to leave him cookies (aka white donuts haha) and milk.  Sophie was so excited when she got up and saw it was gone.





Babee gave each of them a kindle.... so no more fussing over the ipad :)!


I love this picture so much!  I took it so we could send it to Kyle. 


Her new baby she named, Mallory.
 We left moms yesterday afternoon and headed to Dad & Yana's to hang out.  When we got there, Papa was picking up pine cones...... he had a little helper immediately....



I still can hardly believe this pretty girl is 7 1/2. 
 Heidi had to get in on the action too :)....


He just had to check out what they were doing....

 Before the night got too hectic, I wanted 1 more picture of me and the kiddos....  well a family photo with us doesn't exactly go smoothly.  To start off, Heidi fell off the bench and landed on presents, smashing boxes and pulling bows and tags off along the way....
I was trying to reassemble the demolished presents.
 .... and then the flash wasn't on and I was trying to pick Kman up and the girls almost fell off again....
 .... and then Soph did fall off, so she was upset... and I was showing Dad how to do the flash....so that's where this picture comes in of just H and K....
 ..... and finally.... miraculously we managed a picture haha!
 The kids love to play the wii at Papa & Nana's.  We raced, boxed, and then they bowled....

Frazier man in on the boxing action...
A little help from Papa...
 Part of the oil field life is missing out on things.  The guys that work off shore really sacrifice so much to be able to provide for their families.  We are very thankful Kyle is on his way home now, so we will begin most of the Christmas festivities tomorrow.  Although he has missed Christmas before (a couple years ago), this year hit him really hard.  He thinks it was because the time before we did Christmas before he left.  So this year it was kind of like... Christmas??? He said it just didn't feel like it on the rig.  Their bosses let them all call home though to tell us all Merry Christmas... so that was a VERY nice surprise. 

I LOVE my oil field husband and I thank him all the time for what he does for us. 

At the same time with us not having Kyle home, I couldn't help but keep my friend Danielle's family on my mind all day.  This was their first Christmas without her.  Then I had my friend Meredith and her husband Gregg on my mind.  This was their 5th Christmas without their twins.  And then another precious family had to go through their 2nd Christmas without their sweet Cooper. 

I sent many prayers up throughout the day yesterday for all of the families that are missing their loved ones. 

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and will always remember the reason for the season! JESUS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment