Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Colquett Christmas Express

 Of course I  have Pinterest to thank for this fabulous idea. 

Last night after supper and baths, I got the kiddos' attention and told them about this fun adventure that was about to take place.  I explained how they had to help clean each others rooms while I got it all prepared.  (Extra point for Mom right?? hehe).... they were just as anxious as I was.  They were actually finished before I was, but they weren't allowed to come down the hall until I went and got them :)!!

They were greeted with pop corn boxes and a golden ticket aboard The Christmas Express... via the Tahoe Chariot :)!!  The ticket would get them a free round trip to see Christmas lights throughout the town.  This time I did a little research, so I knew ahead of time where to go find some lights.  They loved it.  I stood at their car door to take up the tickets before they could board :)!!




I am smiling just thinking about their excitement and mine. 

 The only thing is... it wasn't long into the trip that Kman passed out!!
 Next thing we knew, his partner in crime was out as well.....
Such a fun way to end the evening.  If any of you follow me on Pinterest, it is on my Merry Christmas board.  There is a free link to take you to the print out of the tickets.

** And now Heidi bug has the stomach virus :(!! BOO!  She has been steadily throwing up since about 5AM.  Real lovely!  Kept Kman home too so he doesn't spread the love at preschool (just in case) and he has a cold anyway.  The only thing is the stinking Devil seems to always bring the virus or sickness on Sundays or Wednesdays.  Now we have to miss Family Fun Night at church :(!! Heidi was looking forward to it.

**Also, my Grandmother couldn't have surgery :(!! She now has pneumonia.  So after the week of no medicine and all the pain, she couldn't even have the procedure.  Thankfully she is back on her medicine and feeling better.  She said she was throwing up Monday before they went, but she just thought it was from the pain.... turns out it was from the pneumonia.  Once she gets well, they will reschedule the surgery :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment