Monday, December 16, 2013

Fun w/ Friends, 1st Christmas Festivity, & More

 We have had another busy set of days.... but what's new right?  From friends over for soup, birthday party, late night walmart trip, cooking for Christmas with the Wyatt's, wrapping presents, baby shower, Christmas Cantata, feisty cat, and more.... makes each day new and exciting.

Most of you know we have chickens and part of the kids chores is to get the eggs each day.  Heidi is the only one that can reach in and grab them, so she does that and Karter stands ready for the hand off.  When he brings them in, Soph's job is to clean them :)!  I LOVE to get random shots of the kids doing stuff like this.... they LOVE to look back at pictures as much as I LOVE to take them :)!
Cleaning the eggs

Finished product :)!!  I am very excited how they turned out.
 ..... And this next little nugget made this Mama happy happy.  The school librarian told the students to write down what Christmas means to them/ their favorite thing about Christmas.  I was more than thankful when I saw Heidi's response.....
 About this next picture....Yes I am..... THAT MOM..... I still rock my kids each night.  Usually all 3... when Heidi doesn't think she is too big to sit with us :)!! I loved how snuggled up these two were after they fell asleep.  Inseparable is a very good word for them.
 Thursday Soph and I did a little grocery shopping.  OK, A LOT of grocery shopping because I hadn't been in a month.  Seriously.  She loves to talk me into adding this or that into the mountain pile already existing in the buggy.
 Once we got home and unloaded everything, she helped me get our yummy taco soup in the crock pot for supper. 
The soup was so fabulous!  Not gonna lie :)!! Heidi loves taco soup, so she was extra happy when she got home and smelt it cooking.

When she gets home the 3 of them play.... fight...... play..... then fight some more..... but LOVE being together :)!!  Last week the girls enjoyed dressing Kman up like a girl.  I slightly panicked the second time.  That was mostly because I had just wrote that post about Momma's not dressing your son in a dress, but teaching him feminine things haha.  And then..... this happened.... Carrying 2 babies and pregnant with the 3rd.... just like her Mama hehe!

Karter wouldn't turn around for a pic, but Sophie's monogrammed dress and chevron leggings.

The girl behind it all......
 While we were waiting for The Tisdales (& Oki) to come over for supper, my door bell rang.... I was pleasantly surprised when I opened it to some beautiful Christmas Carolers.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me at the time and by the time I got it I only I had one singing.....

She cannot get enough of Mollie Mae!
After supper we took the kiddos to see Christmas lights.... or attempted to!  Not many people do it anymore :(!
 Friday night we had Hank's birthday party at the football stadium.  We froze our ooda-mascrew-damus' off!  Thankfully our kids have the best grandparents ever.  Heidi stayed with MeMe and the babies stayed with Babee.  I HAD to go to Walmart to pick something up I ordered for Christmas that they could not see.  It allowed me to finish my shopping for them AND I was able to wrap majority of their gifts Saturday morning.  It was fabulous. 

I did, however, have to drink a large cappuccino during the party to keep me awake to go to Wal-Mart.  My eyes automatically feel the need to shut about 9:00 each  night.  AND got me a Dt. Mountain Dew to drink on my way to WM.  It worked :)!! And I crashed once I got home.

Saturday morning while I wrapped, I also had my potatoes boiling for the loaded baked potato salad (that like hardly anyone ate.... frustrating??) & made my deviled eggs.  Once I got all the kiddos, we headed to The Wyatt Christmas. 

Since Grandmama has surgery tomorrow, we did her Christmas early.  Sadly since she can't take her medicine a week before hand, she ended up passing out Saturday morning.  She was okay and managed to make it to Christmas, but I am so ready for her to have this surgery and hopefully it helping with some pain. 

She and my Grandad have 5 boys and 1 girl.  Of course they have children and then we have children, etc.  Long story short... we now have 80 stockings that hang at Christmas and will have to add 3 more this year.  IS THAT AMAZING OR WHAT???
All because 2 people fell in love...
 Here was an attempted shot at Nana and Sophie.....

She loves the tire swing. Of course.

She convinced someone she had ants in her boots (just to get her boots off of course.... she said).
 Sophie was VERY concerned about her BFF, Grandmama, falling.... so she could not get enough of her....

The video is really sweet of her asking all sorts of questions....

 Had to sit with her of course :) and open presents....



Dad told Gmama that she needed a tiara.... so I made her a crown and she had her wand... and we sent a pic to dad :)!

Uncle Mark is awesome! All the kiddos love him.  He rode them around and they thought it was better than opening gifts.
 My grandmother is obsessed with puzzles.  Honestly.  No telling how many she has.  So she gave the older grandkids one of the U.S.  Heidi has done is sooo many times since Saturday.  So I snapped this shot of she and Kman doing it when we got home and sent it to her....
 So yesterday was another busy day.  After church we headed to MeMe's for lunch and then Leigh Ann's baby shower.  After the shower, we came home... changed clothes really fast and took off again.  Well apparently when we came home to change, somehow we either shut Sissy the cat in the laundry room, or the wind caused the door to shut on her.  Our laundry room is outside (WHICH I HATE WITH A PASSION), and when we got home, I heard her meowing.... so I let her out... not thinking much about it.  A little later I had to go out there for something to smell this HORRIFIC smell.... and found that she had pooped on a load of towels, AND tore the door up.  If smoke could have come out of my ears, I am pretty positive my head would have been ON FIRE!!! I was FURIOUS!!!!
 I finally calmed down, and got things situated and we enjoyed the rest of our evening. 

When I woke up this morning, I was greeted with this rascal shooting me with this nurf gun thing that sweet Uncle Victor had given him..... so I had to take a picture to send to he and Aunt Kathy to thank them for this wonderful gift.
 This week is the letter R...... today he got a double pointer..... Red Rectangle.
 Today is also the girls' dance parties.  Soph of course wanted to take cupcakes (then Heidi decided that was a good idea), so we baked them this morning..... she loved helping.

And had to end with that ecard.  Made me laugh.  And how true is it?  I am on the 3rd row in life too much of the time!! Need to jump in the front seat every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment