Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Birthday Weekend

We had a wonderful BUSY weekend! Friday night Amanda, the kids, and I went to Enterprise to eat at Mellow Mushroom (I had promised Heidi pizza that night because she wanted it the night before... which was Karter's actual birthday and Prom), went to Wal-Mart to get the rest of Karter's party things, and then went to Lowe's.

Saturday morning was the BIG day! Karter's birthday party. Here's his invitation:



It was a wonderful party. We served hotdogs, had things for the kids to do for all the kiddos, and just had an overall great fellowship. His beautiful cake was made by Heather Evans from Gantt. I thought she did wonderful.


Here's me and the birthday boy!! You can tell I'm pregnant just by my face *hehe*!


The birthday boy!!! He does this weird thing with his mouth now... don't know what it is?


The goody bags :)!! I knew that we had invited anyone from 3 months to 5 years so I tried to keep the date range in mind when doing the bags. So I did suckers, marshmellow sticks (thought the little ones could at least suck on those), and bubbles.


Hank, Presley, and Heidi


Stella Kayte Carnley and Karter
They were loving the wagon ride... grinning from ear to ear and clapping



We had a great turn out!! Most all of our family was able to come.


Kyle was throwing Heidi and Presley over the top of the jumping thing. Mimi was getting really nervous, so she had him stop *hehe*! Which is probably a good thing considering Presley broke her collar bone not too long ago on the trampoline.



Do you think these two will be boyfriend and girlfriend one day?? Hmmmm I wonder!
Beautiful Kaidi and her mom Meredith



CrAzY Amanda.... Karter loves Amanda!


Time for cake!! We had a little drama with the cake. I was trying to help Karter blow his candle out and all that good stuff well he stuck his finger in the candle (just grazed it) and I was making sure his finger was okay and I thought I scared him because he started crying, well I blew the candle out (so I thought) apparently he leaned over and the candle blazed back up and burnt his hair. I didn't even realize until a few minutes later what had happened. His head was red after that and I was afraid it had burnt it, but it was gone Sunday. I guess it was just red from the heat? And you can see a little spot in his hairline where the candle got it and you can feel the peach fuzz! We couldn't let the party end without a little excitement.




Present time


Tired Baby Boy



So tired that he actually fell asleep standing in front of his car.... I laughed so hard!



Hank, Heidi, and Shelly Kate.... you can tell they were getting tired too!!



That was all of the party!! That afternoon Kyle, Heidi, Kyky (Tyler), Papa (my dad), and Popcorn (Brandon, Tylers best friend) decided to go to the Mallory Pond and take the paddle boat, kayak, fish, and let the dogs (Josh & Sadie) run and swim. Well they enjoyed the afternoon and then as they were leaving they had themselves some excitement. Heidi was already in the Clunker (Kyle's truck) buckled in her booster seat while the guys were getting the boat loaded. Well somehow the truck slipped and rolled back into the pond. THANKFULLY I was NOT there or I'd be having a heart attack. Heidi was screaming "Alligators Alligators gonna get me"... Kyle says that he got in to "save" her before she was in any kind of danger. Well the water got all the way up to his seats.... so wet that Heidi couldn't even ride back home with him. Oh and the dogs were still in the back of the truck too! It could have been really bad, but all the guys think it is the funniest thing ever... of course after they knew Heidi was okay. Apparently Kyle's truck is a "good" truck because he got in it and drove it out of the pond. Needless to say he won't let me sell it now... I've been trying since he got it! Here's some pictures to show of that afternoon.



Then Sunday afternoon we had Heidi's friend, Cuba's, birthday party. Here's some of their friends at the party. That's cuba to the right.



Then yesterday Kids World called me and Karter was running a 101 temperature. Thankfully my mom was going to Andalusia to the doctor anyway (she has Pleurisy by the way which they say is really painful) so she took Karter to the doctor. He just had a bunch of green gunk on his throat and it was infected.... all this allergy mess going around and he was wheezing. So he's now on breathing treatments twice a day (which I find ironic because this is his second time on them and Heidi has yet to have one), an antibiotic, and an allergy medicine. He weighed 19.15 lbs... I actually have to take him Thursday for his 1 year check up so I'll have all the "stats" then.

Okay.... so that's been our past few days.... a little hectic... but we wouldn't know it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment