Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doctor visit and Khelpanan Meeting

Today was a good day.... busy day and not much time with my kids :( but other than that great. Amanda and I left Opp a little after 2 heading to the doctor. I had a wonderful visit. I got to "meet" (HEHE Like I didn't JUST have a baby... so I actually "met" him not that long ago) Dr. Gilchrist. I really like him! Sophie's heart rate was 156... and my blood pressure was great. So overall I got a wonderful report. I told Dr G that I knew he wasn't my "doctor" BUT I had a couple questions.... (1) I am real confused about my due date. He explained it VERY well and I'm not going to go into details BUT I am due July 5th. That is why the do the early ultrasound. Like I said I'm not going to go into the details because they are personal... but July 5th it is!!! We're shooting for an Independence Day Baby.... Heidi was born on May day and Karter on tax day... only makes sense to make Sophie a July 4th baby!! Okay and (2) my headaches.... the most logical explanation since it hasn't been hurting until recently is all of this pollen and allergy mess. He said I could continue to take Sudafed or even a Zyrtec every morning. OF course my paranoid self asked him if I was hurting the baby.... I have this thing with taking too much medicine while pregnant or medicine at all.... I don't like to take it unless I am desperate while I am pregnant. I asked him if she was going to be "deformed" or anything and he said... you mean like a leg in the arm spot?? And I laughed and said yeah... and he assured me I had nothing to worry about that she was right now formed the way she is going to be and that's not going to change. Sigh of relief :)!!! I go back in 3 weeks... so we are getting to the shorter visits.

Well we left there and ran to the Dollar Tree and Walmart to get party supplies for Karter's birthday party Saturday :( My baby boy will be ONE Thursday!! Wow time has flown by!

Then we rushed home to be at a Khelpanan Society Meeting. It's a new "club" in the making. To be honest I was dreading the meeting because "I don't have time for that". My time with my children and my family is very important to me and I felt like I didn't have any to spare for anyone else. Selfish huh? Well I am really glad that I went tonight because it really opened my eyes up and it's going to be completely different than what I had in-visioned. I think it is going to be really good for our community and a way for us to make sure our families are brought up somewhere they will be proud of. We are only meeting once a month right now... and I think I can spare that *hehe*!! Plus it is with a bunch of familiar faces and it's nice to get together to catch up. The funniest part is I couldn't even pronounce the name of the group until tonight!! but maybe I have it down pat now *L*! So it was another busy night... and my baby boy was asleep when i got home *sniffles* But I got me a lot of Heidi time in!! So that was nice. She loves her Mommy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment