Thursday, April 29, 2010

Don't people think???/

Okay so I know it seems like all I talk about are comments people make.... but that seems to be my day to day struggle. Whether it's about me being pregnant.... AGAIN or fat jokes or whatever.... I'm just emotional tired of the pregnant again comments.... and the fat ones... well.... I'll worry about my weight afterwards... I mean HELLO I didn't have a chance to lose it all after Karter before I was pregnant AGAIN!

So anyway.... first thing this morning a coworker and I walked to Ted's Pharmacy... well while we were in there we ran into a lady that we know. She said "Well I didn't know you were pregnant again"... "Yes Mam".... then of course it was when are you due?? How old is your son? You're going to have your hands full.... really??? Like I haven't thought of that??? And then the topper..... "Was it planned?????" I mean come on.... I have to start my day like that too?? I'm telling you it is constantly....

So then tonight after tumbling we went and ate at the Blue Flame with my mom and Jody. Well I went up to the counter to pay and the cashier said "How old is your son?" When I told her she leaned over the register and said "Haven't you heard of a TV?" OMG..... seriously???? I just smiled and said this child is a blessing from God. So what a wonderful way to end the night.... but it's not over yet. My mom was standing holding Heidi (she fell asleep there) and Kyle was with her holding Karter... and the lady they were talking to made almost the same comment.... of course they all start out as "I didn't know you were pregnant"... and then it leads to the other questions.... but she said "Well..... that's sweet".... so maybe it was a compliment?!?! I dunno... by that point I was just ready to COME HOME!!! I just can't believe people do not actually think about other people's feelings. Like Kyle said if it were just me and Heidi no one would say or think of anything.... but when Karter is with us is when we get the comments and stares. I don't get it. But like I told him.... all the guy does is plant the seed and that's it... the woman has to carry the child, take the pains and uncomfortableness, and these negative comments. Gosh it can pull someone's self esteem down.

Anyway on a lighter note..... MY BABY GIRL will be 4 years old on Saturday!! I can hardly believe it. So tonight when we got home.... Kyle put her on the couch and she slept while he was feeding Princess and riding the 4 wheeler. I put the clothes in the dryer and came in and unloaded the bags from the day and reloaded them for tomorrow and then got all of Heidi's party favors together for her party this weekend and then put all that away and tried to straighten some and put Heidi's comforter back on (I had to wash it).... while I was doing that Kyle had came in and was in the playroom putting Karter's new TODDLER bed together. Of course Karter was a big helper for both of us :) When he got through "helping" me he went to help Daddy. I can already tell he is such a boy.... so different than a little girl. But anyway... back to the bed.... we decided to put him in a toddler bed rather than buying another baby bed. The one he is currently in we will put Sophie in and it converts into a toddler bed when the time comes for her. So once again my little man is going to have to "grow up fast". Once we get everything together or somewhat in the process I'll post pictures. Maybe after the birthday party things will slow down ?!?!?!?? YEAH RIGHT (what's that??)

Good night to all!!! Heidi and I are going to Shelly Kate's dance recital tomorrow night while the boys hang out.... it'll be nice to have a "girls night" :)!!!

1 comment:

  1. Toyia,
    Don't let the things people say get you down. People can say some of the most harsh words sometimes. Remember this baby is a gift from God! Keep your chin up:)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete