Thursday, April 15, 2010

Karter's 1st Year

This 1st year for Karter has flown by. It is really hard for me to believe. I LOVE my Heidi bug but there is just something about that little boy that really grabs my heart tight. He's very special to me... maybe because he is my only son?? Anyway I thought I would share some pictures over the year..... starting with one that I believe was the night before I went in to have Karter. Heidi was 2 weeks shy of being 3 years old and she was VERY much aware of what was going on.



We welcomed Myles Karter Colquett (MKC III thanks to Kyle and his "initial" thing... and we had no choice but to call him by the "K" name.... due to Matthew Kyle and Myron Kent) on April 15, 2009 at 2:26pm. He was 5 days early and weighed 7 lbs 9 oz and was 21 inches long.


It was so amazing to me to welcome another human being into this world that Kyle and I created. It's still mind boggling sometimes. God is so good and I am so blessed to be able to be called "Mommy".
This was the day we came home.... Heidi could hardly wait for us to get home and the car ride from Dothan to Opp seemed to have been the longest one I have ever been on. I missed her terribly and was overly excited about the little brother I was bringing home to her.




Little did I know that 2 days later we would be put back in the hospital because of Karter's jaundice level. I forget his exact letter (which is why I should have been blogging :)) but I do remember being told it was dangerously low and we had to rush to the hospital right then. I was panicking and crying and wondering about Heidi.... I had sooo many different emotions going on. With Heidi I just had her, we brought her home, and she was fine.... so this was very new for me and very scary when I heard the word "dangerously low". Watching him be in this was not fun. It was heart wrenching at times because he would be crying wanting out and I couldn't get him out. I could only get him out to change his diaper and feed him. The good thing about it was his chord came off in 1 week.



His first bath at home.... he did not like it at all. His sister was very inquisitive about the whole thing.



Luke Jackson came to visit Karter when we got home from the hospital. He and Karter were only a few days apart via due date, but Luke decided to come March 21st. He was already a few weeks old in this picture while Karter was only 3 days old.



Heidi was always a big helper!! She was so proud to have a baby all to herself. One to call her own! She still tries to help now, but Karter is Mr Independent and doesn't usually want her to even think about touching him.



Karter is the first Colquett boy born to carry on the family name!! He has a lot to live up to :)



My tiny baby boy!!!


These were taken for his birth announcements.


Aww..... so sweet.... she was so in love with this baby!!!


This was our first trip back to church.... there's a funny story behind the outfit. Terrence and Langdon gave that to Karter as a "joke".... because it wasn't "boyish enough" for theirs.... well little did they know but I really liked it... so that's what Karter wore his first Sunday to church (outside the womb that is.... he had already been 9 months before he made his appearance).




VBS 2009..... colored iron on shirts to match!



Playing outside and riding the golf cart.... still hard for me to remember him being this little.


6 weeks old now :( Had to start day care. I let Heidi stay home with us those 6 weeks too... she would cry if I thought about taking her and my heart just wouldn't allow it. Plus I thought you know these 6 weeks will fly by (and they did) and I will never be able to get that time back. I am SOOO thankful that I kept her out with us. The money that I was still paying wasn't worth the time and memories I was able to make with them at home with me.




First time in a swimming pool.


Then he quickly began getting bigger. Heidi loved laying on the changing table with him. I think he enjoyed her company too!




Christmas 2009 8 months old





First trip to Chuckee Cheese



April 15, 2010
His birthday party at school.


This past year has been exciting, exhausting, breathtaking, overwhelming, and the list goes on and on and on. Being a mom of two kids was definitely a change... and challenging at times, but we have most definitely managed. Now it is hard for me to remember how "easy" it was with one child. And how boring it must have been for Heidi.... (so it seems)... it's like now she has someone to play with her in the bath tub... what did we do before Karter was here? Having them 3 years apart was perfect... I couldn't have asked for a better age difference. It is really hard to believe we have another year behind us.... and are about to welcome another baby girl. I'm sure I'll have lots to blog about in the months to come :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment