Monday, June 7, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

Well I had my DR appointment this afternoon. Everything went/looks good. I am 2 1/2 cm and he is afraid that I'm not going to make it to due date. I stayed 3 cm with Karter for a couple weeks so I'm not getting too excited yet over 2 1/2. He said that if I haven't had her by 38 weeks (and he kept emphasizing IF) that he wants to talk about inducing at 39 weeks. He said mostly because of her being my 3rd and he's afraid of how fast she will come... and I have to drive from Opp. So I guess we'll talk about that then. I still do not know if I want to be induced. I went into labor on my own with Heidi (5 days late) and I was induced with Karter. Both were very special and very different.... it just seemed to be more exciting going into labor on my own and just the adrenalin rush that goes with it. With induction I still feel the same pains it's just I know what I am about to expect.... like you are fine driving to the hospital.... and in the back of your head you KNOW that you are about to put yourself in pain. With Heidi it was the whole timing the contractions before I left for the hospital.... waiting until just the right time... it was actually a Sunday night after we got home for church that it happened with her. SO I have a lot to think about in 2 weeks. I wouldn't mind being induced I don't guess, but I would love to just have her own my own. I go back to the doctor on Monday.

Well as you know we have VBS this week!! Had 10 babies again in the nursery :)!! Praise God! It was a busy night, but didn't seem as hectic tonight. It's just most of their bed times... so it's feeding, changing, sleeping, etc.... but I really enjoy it :)! But I signed up for nursery thinking... oh that'll be an easy thing for me to do being 9 months pregnant... I can just sit and hold a baby.... HA.... YEAH RIGHT!!! It's a LOT of work in the nursery (our nursery is birth-12 months). And the belly gets in the way of trying to cuddle them to sleep.... I can prop them on the belly and snuggle, but then I feel like Sophie is like all scrunched up and pushing down... And it's hard for me to bend because it's like I can actually feel her in me and me squishing her... But I am still in there for a reason!!! Kyle said he is enjoying the 7th-9th grade boys. He is helping with two others.... he actually has to give the devotion tomorrow night. I wouldn't mind hearing what he has to say. He's been studying up on it ever since we had our VBS meeting.

I get an ultrasound in the morning!! YAY!! I'm anxious to "make sure Sophie is still a Sophie" and seeing her approximate weight.

Oh my I need a pedicure so bad. I'm getting a little nervous now knowing that Sophie will be here in at the most 3 weeks... and who wants their toes to look horrible during delivery?? HA Not I!! Maybe I'll remember to call tomorrow and schedule me one.

Well it's 10:26... and I think I have wound down... got clothes in the dryers.... precious little boy in his bed... a beautiful little girl asleep on my arm and a fan sitting on my night stand blowing directly on me.... I think it's time for bed ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment