Sunday, June 27, 2010

She's a day old already!!

We have had a wonderful day! Sophie is still an angel. She does NOT like to have her diaper dirty or wet or changed :) but once it is over she is happy. So far she only cries if she needs a diaper changing, hungry, or needs to burp. Thankfully so far she is a wonderful baby girl!!

We really haven't had many visitors today. We were talking about how shocked we were because we thought we would have a ton being that she was born on the weekend and people would ride over after church. We had more company when we had H & K during the week. So it has been a little odd for it to just be Me, Kyle, and Sophie during the day. But that has been okay :) we probably needed that time.

Tonight was our steak dinner. The funniest thing is the "dietitian" called and asked me how I wanted my steak. I told her well done and Kyle wanted his medium. She said okay.... then no joke the next question out of her mouth was "Do y'all want steak or shrimp?" I almost laughed out loud. I just sweetly said steak :)!


We should get to go home in the morning.... YAY!! It'll be nice to be home and begin our new found life :).... Maybe I'll get the hang of it soon. I plan on keeping all 3 of them at home with me for the 6 weeks.... I will probably take Karter to school when I have to take Sophie to the doctor. I just don't think I want to tackle that task alone with all 3 yet.... Heidi's not an issue.... but Karter is at that 14 month old demanding stage.

Anyway.... here are some pictures to enjoy!






That famous "shhh shhh" that us moms have :)









4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! Congrats! You are a wonderful mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate had those same gowns! Sophie is absolutely beautiful and you look great Toyia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful Toyia! I am so glad I got to hold Miss Sophie! I love her hair!! I am proud that you are tackling the task of keeping all 3 of them at home with you. I think that is wonderful and I know you can do it because you are a great mom! You will discover new way's of "managing" all 3 on your own! There are a lot of mom's out there who wouldn't do that or are too quick to pass off on any given chance! You looked great yesterday and I will see ya sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all of you! Your family is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete