Monday, June 21, 2010

Dr Visit & A little belly dancing



Thought I would start and end the blog with a video of Miss Sophie doing a lot of twisting and turning this morning at work.

Well Sophie will be here next week for sure! I am 3.5 cm and still 60% effaced. I guess I'm going on 1/2 cm a week *haha*! And I lost another 1/2 a pound... not sure what's up with that??? Dr Cleveland wanted to schedule an induction on Monday the 28th, but I chickened out. I was alone in the room and I guess just the thought of me making a decision like that alone overwhelmed me. So I told him no. He said that was perfectly fine that he really thought I would have her before Monday, but if not that he for sure wanted to induce me on Friday, July 2nd (which happens to be my moms birthday). I told him I just really wanted to try to go on my own. Not that induction was bad with Karter, but I would just really like to be "surprised" by Sophie's birthday. Kyle is funny.... he has only made it to one DR visit :( (So I really feel extra alone this time)... but we have been talking about the "what ifs".... and he has said the entire time that he would like for me to be induced on a Thursday if he could pick and then he could be off Thurs and Fri and have the weekend and go back to work that Monday. Well today after hearing the Monday option, he was all about it and wanted me to go back in and tell them I was wanting to have her then. He's like that with everything... new car, new phone, Christmas presents, etc... he can't stand it. He wants it right then.

I have had a lot of strange feelings today.... very uncomfortable. Not so much painful, but I know that is coming. I have had several contractions today and a lot of "stuff" going on in my way lower abdomen. Everything has slacked off tonight. I guess we'll see how the morning goes.

Well much to my planning surprise, I have yet to pack my bag. I have Sophie's ready to go, but mine just doesn't seem to be much of a priority. The kiddos and I didn't get home from Dothan until after 7.... and I've had laundry going ever since. So maybe after all the laundry is caught up I can pack.

On the way home today I did a lot of thinking. And I began to feel bad for not being so "ANXIOUS" to get her here. I don't think it is so much of me not wanting to meet her as it is I just really want my body to do everything on its own. I want it to happen like it did with Heidi when I say "I think it's time to go"... most everyone I know would jump the first time the DR mentioned induction. And I would have done almost anything to have been induced with Heidi... I wanted her here SOOOOO badly. Why do I not have those same feelings now? I'm actually ready to not be pregnant and I've never been like that... but I think that's a lot to do with the fact that I have been pregnant while taking care of a baby.... it really wares me down. Hopefully I will just go into labor on my own and we'll get to meet the 2nd little Princess soon :)! At least we know for sure we'll meet her the end of next week if not before. That's pretty exciting in itself.

Here's another video to share with you of this morning's belly dance!

3 comments:

  1. Girl!!! I didn't need to watch those videos!!! I seriously haven't wanted another child until I saw that!! I miss that feeling! I miss thinking about what the next one might be! Oh, Lord help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the videos! So glad that you got them.. now you can show Sophie when she gets a little older and that will be fun for her! I'm glad you had a good visit today! I am ready for Miss Sophie to be here! Anytime is good for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your videos were awesome!! I agree with Meredith, and Sophie will love the videos one day!

    ReplyDelete