Saturday, June 26, 2010

Welcome to the World Sophie Lynne Colquett

Sophie Lynne Colquett

Sophie decided to join us today, June 26, 2010, at 12:05pm. She weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long.

The story of what all went on before her big arrival........ Yesterday at work I was feeling a lot of activity and just a different feeling than normal. I actually called the DR yesterday at work to see about what all was going on and they told me to not call or come unless of course if my water broke or if the contractions were 5 minutes apart. Little did I know that activity was actually signs of actual labor. So then.....starting yesterday afternoon Kyle began telling me at how I really needed to have her this weekend because there was nothing going on and there was a guy at work that was off all week, so he really didn't need to take a day off and how he was on call next weekend (the day of induction)..yada yada... and how I needed to take Caster Oil to bring on the process. He got online and done all kind of research on it. Well everything online scared me and I really did NOT want to take it. We were on our way out to moms house last night to eat and he stopped by Rite Aid and bought some. Well I still wasn't going to take it. I didn't want diarrhea to bring on the process... I wasn't that desperate. Well after we left moms house he talked the entire way home at how I really needed to take it and how it would be better for EVERYONE not just him... bla bla bla... well he kept pressuring me and pressuring me and I finally gave in. I felt so guilty that he might would miss everything or any part of it (when he told his boss that I was being induced the 2nd his boss said "Well Jimmy is off on vacation"... I thought wow.... how sweet... you know... no "I hope it goes well... do what you have to do... go have that baby.... kiss my foot... NOTHING"). SOOOO at 10:00 last night I took 2 TBS of caster oil (after I made Kyle take 1....:) ) mixed with lemonade.

Well about 1am I started having cramping... I didn't think anything of it except that it was the crazy caster oil Kyle pressured me into drinking. I actually woke him up after I had a few and after I had got up and tried to go to the bathroom (Note: I never did have diarrhea) and walked around the house and told him that I was cramping about 10 minutes apart. Well I would get up and go back to bed and it seems like all night I would just cramp and cramp and I still thought it was that crazy mess. Well about I don't know probably 6 am I was in the living room on the computer doing research on the difference in cramps and contractions. Mostly because the contractions I was feeling were like none I have ever felt before. They were all in my lower abdominal and there was none of the tightening in my stomach or anything.... so that's another reason it thought just cramps. Finally I woke Kyle up and told him we needed to start writing down the times. Well it got pretty intense and I told him I was going to try to use the bathroom again. Well still nothing... so I looked in the toilet and it was full of blood. That has never happened before!! So I called him in there and told him that I thought I needed to call the DR. So I called her (yes her.... Dr Marker delivered Miss Sophie... not my normal OB Dr Cleveland) and she told me that I needed to get on over and that I didn't have time to get stuff together or take a shower. So we got everything loaded in the car and picked up my dad and came right over. I was 5 cm and she immediately broke my water. Oh we left Opp at 7:50am and arrived at Flowers at 8:30am. I guess she checked me again at 10:00am and I was 7cm and that's when I was finally able to get some relief and get my epidural. FYI you can't get your epidural right away. They have to do blood work first and send it off and wait for the results before you can get it. Then at about 11:00 I was 9cm. And she was born at 12:05. So I was here a total of 3 1/2 hours before she was born! But with everything that was going on with my body yesterday at work and then me not having all the things that only said I should with caster oil I really don't know that the caster oil did anything for me. Kyle took it to and he didn't have any cramps or bathroom issues either.

She is perfect and looks to me a lot like Heidi did when she was first born. Maybe tomorrow I'll have a chance to compare the two. Below are some pictures from the day :). The first one is before her arrival and AFTER the epidural :)


My Karter man was SOOO happy to see his mommy. They got there about 30 minutes before she was delivered. Heidi didn't want to get close to me... I think all of the "stuff" scared her.


She has so much more hair than either of the other two did. Maybe no hairbows with toothpaste :)


So happy she is here!

This was actually after delivery.... I was asking Amanda what she thought of it all.

She made her Daddy proud :)



First family picture!

Our beautiful family!

Her first feeding. I chose to not nurse this time.



Kyle was very tired he said....... HA!

Her first changing of clothes.... not happy!


Proud BIG Sister!

Oh wow... the best food I've eaten in a while. They were all starving, so they left and went to my favorite place... and brought us some back :)!


My sweet bug was playing games on the computer on a website that Amanda had shown her. It's amazing that a 4 year old knows so much about computers.


HAHA Heidi asked me why my stomach was still big :)

So that was the story.... it's about 8:39 pm now and I am really tired (surprisingly). Oh I do have to say... we drove over here pretty fast obviously with our flashers on.... and wouldn't you know that people just ignore that.... I don't think we had anybody that was courteous and got over or changed lanes for us. She is in her little rolling bassinet beside me snoozing away right now :) Life is good!!!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! She is beautiful!! Heidi should check out www.kneebouncers.com It is a site MK plays pretty regularly. It might be too simple for Heidi, but Karter will for sure like it. They can hit ANY button and it makes it work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and perfect! I loved reading your story about her arrival! You look as pretty as always! I think Meredith and I are going to ride over there tomorrow. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you guys! She is beautiful and what a great birth story. So glad everything went smoothly and you have you another healthy, beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, that was me. Posted under the wrong account. Love you girl! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! What a story!!! I'm happy for you getting to do it "your" way...Things worked out just fine! Sophie is a beautiful addition to an already super family. Congratulations! By the way, you look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I loved reading the blog and will have to keep the caster oil in mind. I would love going on my own this time instead of being induced. Sophie is beautiful just like her mommy and big sister! Can't wait to meet the 5th addition to the Colquett 5!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoyed reading your blog. You family is precious. Life is good and we don't know how blessed we are. Births are truly amazing. I could have ten (NOT) and it would be a miracle from God everytime. Too bad Kyle couldn't have experienced a little cramping. That is such a funny story and Sophie will enjoy it one day herself. You look great! Enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats girl! I loved reading your blog about her arrival. Yes, I have to say you do look great!

    ReplyDelete