Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Wow run run run seems to be my name lately! I am completely and utterly GIVE OUT! BUT before I get into any of that I want to first say Happy Father's Day to all the dads or soon to be dads! We ate lunch at Kyle's grandad's (Mr Colquett) house. He is really not doing well. Please continue to pray for God's mercy! It was really nice having everyone get together to spend time with him. Afterwards we went to my dads and swam. And get this... we should have given our dads what we had originally wanted to because both of them already had what we gave them (and we gave them both different things). It is always nice when you give someone a gift that they could really use and that they needed. I have GOT to start writing things down that I hear pepole mention so that I will remember.

I am so thankful for my dad and for the Godly example he has been for us. We have really gotten to be closer lately since we see each other more and I am forever thankful for that. He is a wonderful Papa and my kiddos think the World of him. LOVE you Dad!

Oh and another thing..... this post might be long because it has been a while and I have lots to talk about (But there are lots of pictures too).

Let me go back to last Wednesday since it has been so long since I have posted... most of that reason is because kyle has now gotten facebook and he is usually on it every night and I just don't feel like asking for it. SO anywho.... Kids World called me that afternoon because Karter was running a 102.5 temperature. SOOO I had to go to KW to get him. I had already been running that morning (& Thurs morning) because of swimming lessons. They are from 11-12 everyday. And that's a hard time for a 9 month pregnant working mom. So I leave work at 10:45 to go pick up Heidi (Thankfully Kids World has her dressed) and we go to swimming lessons. Then I go back to work and leave about 11:50 to go back to get her, get her some lunch and go back to school. Well Wednesday she wanted to stay with my mom at OMS after lessons so she did.. and I went and got Karter and brought him to my work until KyKy got off work and he came and picked him up and then went and got Heidi..... HAHA Confused yet? I didn't take Karter to the DR... I'm just not the type of mom that takes them to the DR over everything and anything. I try to treat it myself... normally with a temperature it's either their ears, teeth, or just a fever virus. I knew we had been swimming a lot lately... so I treated it like an ear infection and it seemed to have gotten better thankfully.

Well that afternoon and night JW, LA, and the girls came over (Shelly Kate is also taking swimming lessons so they are in town every afternoon) and we let them swim. Here are some pictures and videos of that night.






Because of Karter's fever no matter what it is if you do not take them to the doctor and have a doctor's excuse then they can't come back for 24 hours. Which I completely understand because I would not want a sick child around mine if it could be helped. SO thankfully Amanda is out for the summer and she kept him for me Thursday. Here are some pictures that she took of that day.




That afternoon thankfully Kyle got off early and was able to pick up Karter from Amanda's and Linsday got Heidi from KW and they were home when I got home. I had to rush home to start supper for Jared and Joanna Whigham. We always take supper to those in our Sunday School class that brings home a new baby. Thursday night was my night. I was stressing!! I of course had been running all week... and running earlier Thursday because of swimming lessons. So I ran home to start their meal... and Heidi has tumbling on Thursdays at 5:45. Kyle took her to tumbling and then he went to the farm and picked LOTS of peas for us :). Karter and I started loading my car up about 6:15 with their supper because we had to get Heidi bug at 6:30. Well at 6:25 I was going to buckle him in and guess what.... car seat was left in Amanda's car... so we had to go to Amanda's and get his seat and I was a few minutes late picking her up. But then we headed to the Whigham's and stayed for a little while before heading to the farm to see Kyle and Randy. On our way home I got to Subway and remembered that I cooked a HUGE thing of potatoes for Jared and Joanna and left them at home :(.... I felt so bad. They were delicious... but had no one to eat them. J & J had already eaten and was putting everything away by time I noticed and called them. Kyle was eating at his grandad's house, I didn't feel like eating, and Heidi ate a grilled cheese before tumbling... Tyler and mom came over, but they brought pizza... so potatoes didn't go with that.... and my picky little man gagged when he tried them. Needless to say... they are still in my fridge and are just a waste :(!

Here's a picture of Kyle and the peas he picked... and he shelled them Saturday :)! Of course with the help of a pea sheller.

Karter was loving riding on the sheet through the house. He thought he needed a sheet since his Daddy did for the peas.... so he and Sissy had a good time with it.

Here's a picture of Karter man Thursday night "driving" my car.
Friday night we had a birthday party at the Wellness Center pool. That was the first time we had been there. It was nice but had lots of chlorine... so most of the childrens eyes were burning and red. After the party we went to my dads house and stayed for a while. He kept Karter while Heidi and I went to the party and Kyle had some youth boys over at the house.

Saturday we had our first party at 10:00 (Oki's). It was from 10-12 and then we had Stella Kayte's 1st Birthday party at 1.... after her party we squeezed a trip to Lowe's in there.... and then we had a Lawn and Garden shower at 6 that night.... I was GIVE out! Here are some pictures to share of those parties.

She was about to jump in here... not sure what Oki was looking at.

This was at Stella Kayte's party. That's Presley, Heidi, and Baylee

The one thing that my non eater will eat are cheese puffs. When he won't eat anything else, give him a puff and he's good to go. He could probably eat the entire bag.

Here's the birthday girl~!

Here are some pictures and a video of this afternoon! Karter loves to pretend like he is swimming... he'll do those feet and slap those hands in the water.




Karter got tired of the pool... and when he does if you just give him a water hose... he's a happy camper.


Tonight at church he decided to climb in the cabinets (something Heidi never did)... there wasn't anything in them except a garbage can, so I took it out and let him have a good time :)

I go to the doctor tomorrow.... wonder what we'll find out?? Here are some pictures of me and Bug after church.... just to see where I am :)! I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow by the July 5th due date. My first due date was yesterday... but since I am typing this you know I haven't had her yet :)




I didn't realize it poked out so much until this picture.



Anyway.... I'll hopefully do a post tomorrow evening with a doctor update!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment