Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday's Doctor Visit

Well I had my weekly doctor's visit this week :)!! It went well... I actually lost 1/2 a pound... which I don't understand considering the baby is supposed to be gaining 1/2 a pound a week... oh well :)! I am 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced. For those of you that do not know what that means, effacement is the thinning of the cervix. Here is a little definition I Googled...

"Effacement: Thinning of the cervix.
Usually in the last month the cervix begins to stretch and thin. This process means the lower segment of the uterus is getting ready for delivery. A thin cervix will also allow the cervix to dilate more easily.

Your health care provider may check for effacement in the final 2 months of pregnancy. Effacement is measured in percentages. You may hear your health care provider say,“You are 25% effaced, 50% effaced, 75%...” The Braxton Hicks contractions or “practice contractions” you have been experiencing may play a part in the effacement process. You will not be able to determine your effacement process, this can only be done by a health care provider's exam."(http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/signsoflabor.html)

So he said if he doesn't see me before then he will see me Monday :)! So it is getting close... real close. I have been joking all night that she can't come this week. I have too much going on this week... she's going to have to pick a little less hectic week *haha*! We have swimming lessons all week, getting my hair done tomorrow, Kyle is having the youth boys over Friday night, taking supper to a friend Thursday night, 2 birthday parties Saturday and a lawn and garden shower that night. Maybe next week won't be as hectic :)!

Okay this is my 3rd child and something finally clicked today while in the doctor's office.... any woman knows exactly what I am talking about. The sheet that they give you to "cover" with.... is square... well that makes NO sense. HOW do you get a square to cover you up like you want it to? A rectangle would cover everything... instead the square covers most everything and then hopefully you have on a shirt that will be long enough to cover the rest of the back that might be trying to peep through.

When I got home tonight this is what I came home too :)!!! Heidi bug was riding her little 4wheeler all by herself!! She does a really good job. Very careful driver. It's neat because Kyle holds the remote and he can turn it off or on with the remote. She was so proud of herself. Her Papa had to come over to see her in action :)!


They traded for a little while.... Karter was loving it.

Then Karter was "pretending" to drive the pink car.


(You can hear Kent in the background talking to Karter about eating)

On a very serious note... Kyle's grandad, Morgan Colquett (87), was diagnosed with Liver and Pancreatic Cancer. He also has a blood clot on his lung. They are trying to thicken his blood before allowing him to come home. PLEASE be in prayer for Grandaddy Colquett and the family. He is such a wonderful person.... and loves to work in the garden and use coupons :)!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I hope Sophie cooperates and waits til your a little less busy!

    Sorry to hear about Morgan, I hope he is able to come home soon. My grandfather was in Civitan with him. I have some good memories of them together at Civitan projects. I hate that the club did not survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw funny!!! That square used to make me so mad!!! It had to be invented by a man!!! Glad I am not the only one to notice that!!! I think when I go back for my yearly checkup I will bring my own rectangle!!! HAHA

    ReplyDelete