Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Life in my shoes

There was never a blog for me to follow to see how someone's everyday life was with 3 kids under 4.... so I thought it would be neat for me to write about a typical day at the Colquett House and be able to look back on it one day... to see how far we've came. Granted there are no two days the same at this house :) some are crazier than others.... but for now I'm just going to blog about TODAY.

The next two pictures were actually taken yesterday morning. Heidi helped me wake Karter up! She was still sleepy herself.

Morning Routine:

Oh boy where do I start??? Karter woke up at almost 12…. So I woke up then, but Kyle got up with him… Sophie got up at almost 2… I never went back to sleep between Karter being awake and Sophie waking up. So I got up with Sophie and thankfully she didn’t stay up real long. I went back to bed… then Sophie woke up at 5… but Kyle just got her paci and she was fine… then Karter woke up at the same time…. then Heidi. Kyle has to leave at 5:45… so he tried to get him to sleep by the time he had to leave…. No luck! Sophie woke up about 540 ready to eat. So I got her… and Karter was eating grits at that time. Then Kyle was trying to leave and Karter was screaming wanting him. So he put him in the chair with me… and I just had to hold him… he wanted to go so bad. He was okay after about 5 seconds. So then I fed Sophie and changed her and her clothes. Then I changed Karter and his diaper… then Heidi's turn to get ready. So finally about 630 I put Sophie in her bouncey seat in the bathroom with me while I got a shower… well you know it didn’t take long before the other 2 were in there. So then of course Karter keeps trying to get in the shower with me… playing pick-a-boo with the curtain… then I turned around for a few seconds and when I turned back around...he was in there!!! So he was soaking wet… not only that he has pooped. So I got out and got dressed… and then went to change him… well little did I know poop was all down his leg and on his clothes, so then on me of course!! So we had to get cleaned up and changed!!! Then I had to blow dry my hair and do my makeup. And then he was getting sleepy… so the only way I could satisfy him was to let he and Heidi go outside… so she occupied him for me (I’m so thankful I have her). In the meantime I was getting their bags together… and still hadn’t finished getting me ready. SO once I got their bags together I loaded them up in the car and ran in and put my jewelry and shoes on. I put Karter’s shoes on in the car…. and had to get my stuff in the car. I made a banana pudding last night to take to work today. *whew* I’m tired again just from typing it.

Once I get to Kids World I (people often ask me how I get the kids in the school in one trip) get Sophie out of the car (I leave her in her carseat... that way the seat is at KW in case someone besides me picks her up) and then I set her on the ground by Karter's side. I then load all the bags up on one arm and put Karter in that same arm and then I tote Sophie in her car seat with my other arm. Heidi thankfully is such a big girl and she carries her on backpack and will usually carry something else if I have other things... such as yogurt for Karter, grits, or whatever the breakfast of choice is.

Once we get inside I drop Sophie and her bag off first. I then take Karter to his class and get him situated with Mrs Lori and get his breakfast out and together and give him hugs and kisses... then off to Heidi's class. I get her situated at the table with her breakfast and give her hugs and kisses and then I go back to Sophie's room. If she's not asleep I'll talk to her a few minutes before I go.. and tell Ms Pam and Mrs Anita what time she ate last so they can put it on her daily report card. Then off to work I go... I have to be at work at 7:45am.

So that's a typical morning routine for me.

This picture was taken after bath last night.

During my lunch if I'm not going around town running errands then I come home and clean. Today I had a couple errands to run, came home and ate a bowl of cereal (my all time go to meal), started a load of clothes, folded and put up a load of clothes, washed the bottle that Soph used this morning, and went back to work.

Our evenings usually aren't near as crazy. Mostly because there's usually always someone here to help. This afternoon Hank stayed with us for a while. Heidi really enjoyed his company. While they played outside and Sophie was napping I unloaded the bags, washed the bottles, and started some more laundry. Karter did not want her in the car *L*!

Sweet Soph

Hank and Heidi were being super nosy watching some teen girls walk by

My beautiful love

Jonathan was riding the 4wheeler and Karter was hanging on to Daddy's leg.
This evening Jonathan and Amanda came over so that he and Kyle could go to Bebe's (Kyle's grandmother) house and get Cindy's tanning bed and bring it to her house. Kent grilled hamburgers and Cindy done baked beans, pot. salad, chips/dip, and had chocolate cake, strawberries and cookies. It was yummy!! And we had a lot of helping hands.

I took this picture not on purpose... I didn't notice until afterward that they were doing the exact same thing with their hands.

My handsome boy!

:) The next two pictures bring a BIG smile to my face!! He looks SOOOO happy and I LOVE it!


Soph decided to crash before we ate.

Hank said he was NOT in a dress.... he was superman :) This may be a good pay back picture one day... or a good yearbook one *hehe*!

When I uploaded the pictures I noticed this one on here. Heidi took it... I guess when i was outside enjoying the evening with Sophie. I thought it was a really good picture of Meme and Kman.

Here's a video of Heidi Leigh riding her bike down the hill. (going down the hill she says "Whew Doggie" *haha*)


So as you can see our days are FULL FULL FULL and sometimes crazy... sometimes they start off crazy... sometimes they end crazy... somedays aren't crazy at all. But right now it is 9:37pm and I want to crash! Like they used to say on Jon and Kate Plus 8... "It might be a CrAzY life, but it's my life".

No comments:

Post a Comment