Sunday, October 3, 2010

Full Weekend!

We have had a really fun filled weekend. It was a mixture of things.... pedicures, dove shoot, thrifting, Sophie's dedication, and more. Lots of pictures with this blog :)!!

These 2 were actually taken last Wednesday night. This was the night that Heidi accidentally hit Karter in the face with the bat.... and thankfully it wasn't a hard hit!! So no ER trip :)!!



HAHA Karter has gotten to wear he gets up at night and actually gets out of his bed. One night last week he got up and we heard him crying and he was behind the baseball chair in his room.... now to do that he had to climb over it!!! The next night we heard him scream really loud.... then we heard the teeny tiny footsteps coming as fast as they could to our room!! So Kyle stuck him in our bed.... and here they were the next morning :)!!



My mom picked them up last Thursday because Heidi wanted to go to Babee's house and eat supper *L*! SO she took them out to her house (another late night for Kyle.... he got off around 6ish) and I went by IGA and got us all a plate.


Friday night we went and got our toes done with Joanna and Kate! Joanna has been asking me, but I was always scared to say yes because I honestly don't know day to day what time Kyle will get home to watch the two youngest while we did the girl thing! But finally I made the commitment :) Oh and it felt so good.... MUCH needed! Heidi's are black with yellow pawl print on the toes :) Kate got Auburn!

The guy doing mine (It has been since before Sophie was born that I've had mine done) said "It's like grated cheese" *L*!! The dead skin was just falling to the floor.... kind of gross I guess?





Saturday morning we had some surprise visitors at the house *haha*! My mom and Amanda showed up on horses. That was the start to our fun Saturday!!! Heidi thought that was so neat for them to be at her house on horseback... so of course she had to ride with them after that *L*!! YES she is in her pjs in the top two pictures.






Kyle's mom made a good point Saturday when we were standing there watching them leave.... she said something to the point of Heidi having a very diverse life. She gets to enjoy so many different things.... she can be a city girl, prissy girl, she can ride 4 wheelers, motorcycles, haha.... horses, get to see all kind of barn animals, etc.... I am very thankful that our children get to experience all these different things. I never really thought about it until Cindy pointed it out.


They rode the horses over to Jonathan and Amanda's land. So we finished getting ready and made a Hardee's run and took it over there.












Amanda's mother and daddy came while we were there... and we all got to talking about "thrifting"... Tammy loves to thrift shop.... of course it's a hit and miss kind of thing. So anyway after they rode the horses back and got changed, My mom, Heidi, Amanda, her mom, and I loaded up and headed to Enterprise and went thrifting. Unfortunately we didn't find anything. But that's okay..... :) that was my first time going.... so now I "Know how to do it" *L*!! Then we all went and ate at Santa Fe.... and headed home!





Kyle was supposed to go to the AL/FL game. He kept asking me and asking me to go.... but I just knew I would be too stressed trying to make sure I had everything together like I needed it to be with Sophie's dedication. The kids would be at this house and that... so making sure they were exactly like I wanted them... and us not getting in until 3 or 4 and then having to leave at 8:30.... I just got too worried I couldn't do it all. But I told him to go because I could take care of everything else. I kept naming people to ask to go with him... and he asked several different people and no one could go... so he said by that point (this was Friday night after we left to get our toes done) he decided not to go. Coach High and Mr Short enjoyed the game though :)!

So he went to the family dove shoot and had a blast! He and Jonathan said it was the best shoot they had been to in a while. Last night he cleaned all the birds and they are going to cook them tonight at the farm..... 129 total birds!!! I laughed because one little bird had like 5 shots in it.... I asked Kyle if it was his....... *hehe* It was!!!



Kyle's mom kept Karter while us ladies went to Enterprise. Before we left he fell walking down our little hill and hit his head on our driveway :( it got it good!!!! Then Friday night he fell into the heater at Howard's (He, Kyle, and Sophie went with my dad and Yana) and has a nasty bruise under his chin :(.... so he is all banged and bruised up!



I thought this was so sweet... KyKy was at Cindy's when we got home... so he was already playing with Karter... well Heidi was SOOO excited that he was going to be at her house when she got home.... so I had to get the "welcoming" video.... I thought it was really sweet. My children LOVE their Uncle KyKy!



He stayed and played with them and played with them :) They of course didn't want him to leave. They are always going to remember having fun with him!! These are the days and moments that Heidi's not going to forget....

Once we got home we all played outside until about dark I guess.








Karter got bit under the eye by a mosquito.... so I was rubbing Basic H on it.... that's my grandmother's old remedy. It takes the bite right out... that is as long as you put it on not long after you are bit.






Heidi threw her bat on the roof twice.... the first time was an accident and KyKy helped her.... the second time was on purpose and I helped her.


Minus one child!!


So then she thought she "had" to get the sticks off since she was already up there.


HAHA then it was game time!! The world as Kyle knows it stops when Alabama is playing! That is something that I have always known.... he's a die hard AL fan!! And I respect that and I try to not bother him when the game is on.... but with 3 kiddos.... sometimes he has to hold one *haha*!





On the way to church Sunday morning......



Waiting for our dedication call :)!! This was the dress that Heidi wore when she was dedicated. I thought it would be neat for Sophie to wear it too and then their daughters could wear it. Yana's mom actually made it for Heidi.... so it was very special to me.


After church we ate at Kyle's moms house and then he and Karter and Heidi went to the farm to clean the birds and ride Uncle Randy's knew Polaris. So Sophie and I had an afternoon to our selves... it was really nice, but I stayed really busy. Sophie ended up taking a good nap so I got a lot done during that time.

Kyle said Karter and Heidi played none stop.... and no one even whined :)!! My dad and Tyler ended up taking Tyler's 4 wheeler out there so they really had a good afternoon. This was Karter on the way to church *L*!! I'd say he played hard.


Then last night while I was getting Sophie's gown on.... I heard Kyle telling Karter no..... so when I went back in there Kyle had taken a picture of the floor.... Karter's first art project on the floor!! Heidi never did that.... it's like she automatically knew what to do and what not to do.... he is sooooo opposite *L*!
Sophie hung out by me on the couch while I did laundry.

Heidi loves playing with her barbies and babies
Heidi watched Kyle clean a few birds.... and then she and Karter ended up staying at my dads house. He came over and of course they wanted to leave with him!! So Sophie's the only child this morning :)!!!

So we really had a full weekend.... it was lots of fun though!! Today is dance and tomorrow is teeball!!

Oh I have decided to start doing a "menu" each week. My friend, meredith, does this and she said she saves a ton at the store by setting a menu and only buying what you need.... now I go through the aisles and get this and that... and then I throw it all together.... so I thought I'd give it a shot.... so this weeks menu is:

Monday: Kyle is eating doves at the farm.... so we're eating Spaghetti... he doesn't like Spaghetti... so it's a perfect opportunity for us to eat it.
Tuesday: Hotdogs/chili dogs... it's teeball night... so need something quick
Wednesday: homemade pizza.... I love making these with Heidi. It's church night so I need something quick for it too!
Thursday: pork chops in the crock pot, deviled eggs, peas, mac n cheese, some type of bread, and mashed potatoes.
Friday: I'll leave this one open each week... it'll depend on the ball game and if we go get a bite to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment