Sunday, January 23, 2011

Birthday Weekend


The above picture is of the girls at my aunts house. Heidi has still been running fever since Tuesday... and Sophie's started Thursday. So my Sweet Aunt Becky kept the girls until about 2 Friday... and then I got them and my dad watched them the rest of the afternoon.

As many of you know, I am in Operations at the bank.... my supervisor's dad is having open heart surgery tomorrow to repair some valves... thankfully there are no blockages. Well I said that to say.... that I am "her" when she is out... so I can't stay with the kiddos.... and she's the type that if I even almost breathed a sigh that the kids were sick, she wouldn't go to the hospital and she needs to be there for her Dad. SOOO Kyle is staying with all 3 kids tomorrow.... should be interesting :)! Will make my lunch break fun :)!

Here's Sophie girl in her bumbo play thing.

Well I turned 26 years young Saturday. It's amazing how young that really seems to me. Ten years ago, I thought 26 was ancient *haha*! But I now realize how young it really is.... and to think.... I'm 26 with 3 kids *L*!! WOW! I'm sure I feel your age Valerie!!

Well my birthday was just like any other day.... nothing special. Friday night we were going to grill at my dads for my birthday, but with the girls being sick and Yana being sick, we (I) decided to post pone it. Saturday morning Karter started running a fever. Great huh?? So now ALL 3 have fever.

I did call the DR's office Friday and talked to the nurse. I told her what the children were doing and she told me she was pretty sure they had Type B flu. They had seen several patients that tested positive for that... and of course it isn't covered with the flu shot. The main difference in Type A and Type B is that with Type B, you just run fever, have a head ache, and possibly sore throat.... but normally carry on about your usual activity. With Type A you pretty well feel like a load of crap! She said that with Heidi being on day 4 of fever, if I brought her in they wouldn't give her Tamiflu because of the timeline... they would just tell me to give her Tylenol and Motrin just like I have been doing. If I brought Sophie in, they couldn't do anything for her anyway because she is under 2... all I could do is give her Tylenol and Motrin too. So the sweet nurse pretty much saved me a $70 co-pay ($35 each). When Karter started running fever Saturday, I knew what it was... and no sense in me taking him because he's under 2.

So that made for a lovely birthday. Kyle did manage to cook breakfast Saturday... eggs, sausage, pancakes, and muffins. HAHA the muffins were the only thing good... bless his heart. Granted, that and a piece of sausage were all I tried.... but he said himself the rest wasn't good. I told him that practice makes perfect.... if it weren't the first time he had turned the stove on it might have tasted better *just kidding*.... he hates when I say that!! He's cooked eggs lots he said *haha*!

He brought me a muffin and lit a match to put in it and they sang *L*! PS:There were candles in the cabinet.

Then he told Heidi that I needed my birthday spankings. The funny thing was... Kyle counted for her and well..... good thing he did one to grow on... b/c he skipped "21".... haha.... so I only got 26 really. Heidi thought it was the best thing ever.


Kyle made some yummy deer jerky. That's the only thing "deer" I'll eat... and it has to be flavored just right and has to be hard. I don't want to sit there and chew and chew and chew on something. So that's what I'm doing in the 2nd picture.



Of course we had to do "Monkey Pile"... what's a Saturday with out a big Monkey Pile?


Later that afternoon..... (yes Karter wore his pjs all day.... we can do that sometimes *L*!!) Karter and Heidi put on a show... and were singing. I tried to get it on video, but of course he wouldn't do it again once I tried that.



Here's the lovely hubby on my birthday..... I was sweet and let him nap :)

Sweet Sophie girl..... she spit up all over this outfit right after I took these pictures.



Karter and Heidi went to Meme's for a while Saturday.... oh and they spent the night there Friday night :(..... but anyway... it was just Soph and I for a while Saturday. Karter ended up taking a 4 hr nap at her house.

She and I did all sorts of things.... she even helped me with the laundry :)

Then she and Heidi Leigh played in the play room for a little while as I was washing dishes and bottles.... I "caught" Heidi playing with Karter's tools... she had no clue I was watching.


Kyle's mom cooked some yummy vegetable soup.... so we walked down there and ate and stayed for a little while before coming back home. Sophie Lynne was all bundled up..... :P


Today has been a lazy day. All of the kids had fever this morning... and at lunch. So I stayed home with them and Kyle went to church. This afternoon we watched movies.... and Sophie went to sleep on me :)!! She had a good nap.. and I actually enjoyed just relaxing.... that's a very rare occurrence in Toyia's World!!

We signed up for Netflix. They mailed us a free 31 day trail offer.... so we're giving her a whirl. So far I think we really like it. We did the plan where we get one movie at a time in the mail and can watch unlimited on the computer... which we hook up to the TV and watch it on the TV. It's only $9.99 a month and we would easily spend that at Movie Gallery because we always got more than one movie and sour patches. And this way we can watch an unlimited supply and not worry about it.

Heidi had been telling her Daddy that she and he were going to make me a Strawberry Cake for my birthday... well guess what.... that didn't happen.... SuRpRiSe!! So all day Saturday I read cook book after cook book trying to find something to bake that I had all the ingredients for. Well the only thing I really found was a pound cake. And although I like a pound cake, that's not my favorite. Out of all the cakes, a pound cake would probably be the last one that I'd pick to eat.

So this afternoon my mom brought me an 8 layer chocolate cake! SOOOOO yummy! And I made Apple Cinnamon Bars. I have a cookbook that's "101 Things to Do with Cakemix"... Super cool book. Here's a picture:... it's made out of yellow cake mix.

I found this picture of Karter last week.... he was so tired....about to pass out on the bike ride *L*!!

Anyway.... let's hope the children get better!! Oh and apparently I really need to relax?!?!? I got 3 pedicure gift cards, 1 giftcard for Heidi to go with me, some PJs, and a massage giftcard. Kyle got me nothing... not even a card :( .... not that I'm surprised.... okay maybe a little surprised. Oh well! He later said the camera was my birthday gift.... but that's what he told me at Christmas... so I'm a little confused. And I thought it was "ours"???

Oh well.... Happy Birthday to me!! Maybe next year will be better.... although my birthday won't be on a Saturday again for another what.... 7 years??? Oh and I am happy to say that this was the first birthday since 2008 that I haven't been pregnant!! YAY!! I know some women would do ANYTHING to be pregnant 2 years in a row, but I have enjoyed my break.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry the kiddos are sick! Hopefully they will be better soon. I know what it's like to have 3 sick ones...no fun at all, except getting to spend a little extra time at home with them. Happy Birthday, too! Although it wasn't memorable in an exciting way, I'm sure it will be one that you remember for a while! haha! Maybe you and Kyle can get away soon and celebrate your day just a little late. Oh! By the way, you're right...26 is young! Sometimes I forget how many years I have on you! ;o) We missed you at church today...get well soon Colquett family!

    ReplyDelete