Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What will they say???

I thought I would take tonight and just talk about some random thoughts. Brother Garry was talking last night and he said something that really caught my attention.... he said that we preach our own funeral. Without a preacher even standing up and talking at your funeral, the people that are there already know you and who you were as a person. So then I got to thinking.... who am I??? What will people say about me when I go? So then I tried to think of just 10 positive things about me as a person that other people might think..... so here's my gander at it:
(1) Christian..... I hope that's the first thing people think of
(2) Try to be a great mom.... always trying to spend as much time with my children as possible and let them know how much I love them.
(3) Try to be a good wife....
(4) People pleaser... even if I may not agree or like something... I usually agree just because someone else wants it that way.
(5) Try to keep things as organized and clean as I can
(6) Positive person
(7) Not a me, me, me person.... I really try to leave "my" experience out of situations when needed.... and really listen.
(8) Love to cook and experience new things.... I just don't get the opportunity
)9) Try to be a great friend/daughter/person..... if you ask me not to say something, I won't say anything.
(10) I LOVE absolutely LOVE my children..... have I mentioned that??? wait that's some of #2, but that's okay.

*** That's really hard and challenging to come up with. It's hard trying to put yourself on the outside looking at you and coming up with 10 things that you think other people would say about you if something were to happen to you.

Something else that Kyle said last night got me to thinking.... think of the person that shared the gospel with you. Then the person that shared it with that person, and so on.... it's like a line that goes and goes and goes.... don't break the cycle (line). I thought wow. I can just picture this huge line of people wrapped around the Earth.... people witnessing to other people. Besides we are all disciples right?

And this is very random from what I have said... but I am so in love with my husband and children. I am unbelievably thankful for them and so very thankful that God chose ME to be Kyle's wife and ME to be the mom to Heidi, Karter, and Sophie. Although being a mom is very stressful a lot of the time, it is also rewarding. I love the way they light up when I enter a room.... it doesn't matter what kind of a day you have had, as soon as you see these human beings that YOU created (of course God did... but you know)..... your entire day and mood can change in an instant.

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL OF YOUR MANY BLESSINGS.... BUT MOST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR THE SWEET BLESSING OF BEING ABLE TO BE CALLED MOMMY! THAT'S A BLESSING I AM ALWAYS GOING TO BE GRATEFUL FOR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment