Monday, January 17, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Can I have tomorrow off too???

I love days off!!! We just stayed at the house.... played... I washed who knows how many loads of clothes.... what seems like an endless amount of dishes, and bottles all day *haha*!

KyKy and Babee came over at lunch and I cooked Spaghetti and peach cobbler for dessert. Tyler loves my peach cobbler.... so I try to surprise him with it when I can.


Here are some pictures of the weekend....

I don't have any of Friday night.... we hung out here at home.... and I put some barbecue chicken in the crock pot at lunch.... and it was sooo yummy!

Kyle left about 3:30 Saturday morning to go hunting. And he got home about 10:00 Saturday night. So it was me and the three kiddos all day. Very enjoyable day..... except for some excitement that afternoon.... details below :)


Sophie was everywhere in her lovely chair that Ashton and Meredith made for her.

She was twisting and turning.....

But loving every minute of it :)!

So Saturday afternoon we went to the Skating rink for Chandler's party. Chandler is one of Heidi's friends at Kids World.

Anyway when we got there Karter was asleep. So..... being that after almost 7 months of doing "this".... I've about mastered how to get all of us in with one trip. So.... I put Karter's bag, my camera, my phone, Heidi's 2 sets of skates, and my car keys in Sophie's bag and I was planning on letting Heidi tote the present. I went ahead and locked the doors because that's one less thing that I have to try to hold on to and do while holding Karter, Sophie, and all the other. Anyway.... I walked around to get Sophie out... well Heidi had to unlock the door because I forgot I locked it. So I got her out and locked the door back. Well on my way back around to get Karter and the bag Heidi hopped out and shut the door. My heart sank. I had a small panic attack because everything except my girls were in the car. Thankfully Karter was asleep and it wasn't freezing cold. So I went inside and used the skating rinks phone and called Kyle's mom. Long story short.... Heidi and Sophie stayed inside the skating rink and I went and stood by my car with Karter while Cindy brought me my spare keys. Everything worked out, but it was just a wee bit stressful. I couldn't even remember if my spare keys were where I thought they were. Thank goodness they were and everything worked out.


Sophie was not a big fan of Scooby!!!

We tried to get Karter with them, but he wouldn't get close to Scooby!!! Heidi said she knew he wasn't realy *haha*..... "his skin was white". :)

He's all about the games when we go to parties at the Skating Rink.



Tyler was on his way in from Troy.... so I sweet talked him into stopping by the party because he was going to my house anyway.

After the party we went to my house and mom came over too. I finally got the chance to ride my Christmas present for the first time!! We had a ball!! Here's my mom testing it first.


Heidi was ready to go!! She didn't want to ride with me..... she kept asking me if I learned how to ride *L*!! She remembers me riding my dads bike with Karter and anyway I couldn't get balanced and we fell over *haha*!


These bikes are very easy for me to control!! They are the "old school" bikes. There are no handle breaks nor gears to change.... I control everything with my feet :)!! I tell you though.... it's a work out!!! Which is a good thing.... but my legs will BURN like fire while riding!!!

Sophie kept wanting to ride... so we finally stuck her in the basket and just rode her around the yard. She loved it!!!


Of course her petite self fit perfectly!


I had planned on cooking Saturday night for Tyler since he was home.... and at my house *L*!! So I was going to cook spaghetti... something easy and the kids would eat it. Long story short.... Tyler and Heidi ended up eating Japanese in Enterprise with my dad, Karter ate chicken from Friday night, and mom went to Howard's. So there was no sense in finishing the Spaghetti.... I try not to eat supper. So that's why we had Spaghetti for lunch today!!!


Oh and Kyle killed a deer!!! 6 point.... 175lbs.

Heidi ended up staying at my Dad and Yana's house Saturday night because it was going to be late when they got in anyway. It's absolutely amazing the difference in Karter's behavior when Heidi is here verses not here. He was wonderful!! No whining what so ever. He and Sophie played and played before church. It's amazing how "easy" it seemed with two kids.

Sweet babies.... Karter is 21 months and Sophie 6 3/4 months (haha)

Cotton Top

After church Sunday, we rode to Enterprise and ate at Santa Fe. It wasn't "great" to us... we've given it several tries and have never just really liked it. So I'm not sure that we'll keep giving it a try. I just got a chicken salad... but it was just okay... anyway... we had to get formula at WalMart was the whole reason we went over there.

When we got home, we rode bikes over to Jonathan and Amanda's..... and anyway Jonathan was trimming their Crepe Myrtle's... and he knew I needed some of the branches..... so Kyle and Karter "drove" back over there and picked them up for me. Karter loves to "drive".


Us girls stayed back at the house while they did that.



This was Sunday night getting back in the car after service.



Sophie wore her "skinny jeans"!


This afternoon the kids settled down and we watched Toy Story 3. That's a really good movie!! I actually got nervous in some of it *L*!!




This was definitely a candid moment..... very rare event in our house!! Karter hardly ever wants to love on Heidi!!
Late this afternoon we went outside and I swept the carport and vacuumed out my car.




This was taken New Years Eve. I just found it and knew I hadn't shared it *L*!

Another old picture.... Sophie loves to bounce

Karter man and Stella Kayte

Ahhh..... Karter is a true Auburn fan (since I have said all that Kyle has taught Karter Roll Tide over and over and over)..... but anyway.... Karter done this one morning last week while I was in the shower. We joked that he was practicing rolling Toomer's Corner *L*!!
I also found this video that I hadn't shared..... Heidi taped it herself and anyway Tyler texted it to me. Some of you will have difficulty understanding her..... but she says it's a "singing video"... and she's going to watch Hannah Montana and Bluejeans.... Bluejeans is Hannah's horses name. Anyway... maybe you can pick up on the rest of her "interview".



I really hope this week goes well. Maybe the babies will sleep well?? HAHA!!! I will end on this note... Saturday Karter went to sleep early... and my mom said, "Is he down for the night?" and I laughed.... and said "He is never down for the night". **OH and I'm sorry but I'm not proofing this.... I have to lay Sophie down and rock Karter.

No comments:

Post a Comment