Sunday, June 26, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Sophie!!

My sweet Soph is 1 today! My how time flies when you are having fun :)! I can hardly believe that on this day 1 year ago I had her. What a year it has been! She is most definitely my blessed God Sent surprise and there is no other way to put it. She lights up my World and I have no idea what our family would do without her :)!!!

What's going on in Sophie Lynne's World:
* She can stand straight up without holding on to anything.... but has only taken a few steps.
*Completely off the bottle... has been for about 1 month now. WHOO HOO!!! I can't say that I have missed washing bottles and buying formula!
*Drinks whole milk
*VERY good eater. She likes most foods, but still only has 1 tooth and it's on the bottom... so some things are harder for her to eat than others.
*LOVES to be held!!!! Especially by Mommy
*Loves to play outside
*Does NOT like bows in her hair and will jerk them out in a heart beat if you aren't sneaky with it
*Still moves all over the changing table when it's time to change her diaper
*She can drink out of a straw and has been for about a month I'd say
*Can say Mom-ma, Da-Da, Ty-Ty, Bye Bye, Hi (this is her famous mark... she tells everyone hi and waves *L*), has said Papa, & Babee
*She is crazy about the bath and pool... loves loves loves water!
*She still wears anywhere from a 6 month to a 12 month. Sizes are hard because it all depends on the brand.


Here are Sophie and me this time last year :



I was sooooo proud of her hair!! Heidi and Karter didn't have much hair and to me Sophie had "lots" *L*!





Her sister was so happy to have a baby sister.


Karter wasn't too sure about her. He is 14 months, 1 week 4 days older than Soph. He didn't walk until he was 16 months old :)!!



First photo with Mommy and Daddy:



Here you are today: (BTW She and Lola match)


My letter to you sweet Sophie:

Sophie,

Words cannot even begin to describe the excitement you bring to my life each and everyday. I had no idea that I "wanted" you in my life, but God knew me better than I knew my ownself. I wanted you more than anything and I am forever grateful that He blessed me with you. You have taught me so many things this past year that I know I could not have learned if you had not come into my life. This year has been so crazy. It has been hard. But at the same time it has been wonderful. You have joined a very close knit family and you seemed to jump right in and fit just perfectly. Our family would have never been complete without you.

You are everything I needed in life, but didn't know I needed. God knew better :)! Your birth was so wonderful to me. I did not want to be induced with you and I kept praying that I would go into labor on my own. Well June 26th, 2010 my prayer was answered. I called the hospital at about 7:30 am and had you not long after 11 am. You were very ready to meet your Mommy :)! You have always been so tiny. You were 8 lbs 3 oz when you were born, but I guess you just stopped growing. You can thank Grandmama for your petiteness! I actually take you July 5th for your 1 year old check up. Wonder how much you weigh now? I wonder if you are back on the charts?

Anyway Soph, I want you to know that you are always and will always be my precious little gift from God. I will always thank God for you! I love you with all of my heart and am so very blessed that God chose ME to be YOUR Mommy! There could not have been a better combination :)!!!! LOVE YOU SOPHIE LYNNE COLQUETT!

Today we celebrated your birth by taking you to the Mexican Restaurant in town after church. Your outfit was very special. It was the outfit your sister wore on her first birthday. Babee made it :)!!



Karter got camera happy and had to take pictures of everyone. Some how the color got all fonktafied... but they still turned out cute :)!

You were a very sleepy birthday girl I might add....








Oh how I love this little tiny!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!!!!

PS: Party pics will come... maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment