Monday, June 6, 2011

VBS 2011 The Big Apple Adventure

This blog will be full of mostly pictures :)!! Sophie and I walked around last night taking pictures of this things that we could without interrupting any classes. The ladies at church always do a SUPURB job on decorating (and there are some men that help too ;) )!! VERY CREATIVE!! So I thought I would share the pictures we took with you.

This year's theme is New York City... the BIG APPLE ADVENTURE! Of course I LOVE NYC and want to go back so very badly... so this theme really excites me :)!! All of the rooms are great... I wish I could have went in each room and took pictures... and maybe I can before the week is over.

Here is the entrance to the sanctuary:

The stage in the sanctuary:

This is Karter's classroom... how cute???


This is one of the outside walls to the craft section.

Center upstairs:


Just a cute little decoration:

Heidi's classroom: (haha Heidi is sitting with me as I do this... and she pointed out her purse under the table. I didn't even notice it until she pointed it out.


That light was actually flashing.

Heidi Bug doing her craft last night:


Home Alone seemed to have made this Toy Store famous:

Kyle and Sophie were upstairs... so of course I had to zoom in :)

Matt was MAKING her wave *L* She got upset when she saw me and I didn't have her.

The Kitchen....

The entire craft room:


I was standing at the outside upstairs door with my dad and had to get a picture of our beautiful playground. We are sooooo thankful to have that playground!! We needed one for so long and finally got it and the kids LOVE it!

Kman, Kyle, Corey (newly wed :) got married last weekend), and Casey



This is one of the music rooms... stage production :)




Waiting for all the kiddos to get finished...

So as you can see everyone tries to make it exciting to come to VBS. The children get so "giddy" over their room being all decked out. It really makes you feel like you are in a certain part of NYC and for a split second you forget you are at IBC. We'll be at VBS each night and Family Night is Friday.

PS: This is so random but I have to put it on here so I can look back one day and laugh. Today is the 2nd anniversary of our wonderful best friends, Jonathan & Amanda Ellison. Well I was talking to her on our way home from VBS and anyway she was telling me how good Jonathan's cake still was from the wedding. They thawed some out and she was going to bring me a piece.. well anyway I told her I would be there in just a minute to get me a piece *l*! So anyway for those of you that do not know where they live, their drive way has a steep slope to it. Well Kyle parked on the slope right behind Jonathan. I stayed inside for about 5 minutes probable (it was about 9:30) and came out and long story short, we RAN OUT OF GAS!! We had about 1/4 of a tank and KC had just said we will need to get gas tomorrow before church... and the slope sucked every bit of it to the front. So she had to get Jonathan out of bed *L* and they came and moved their vehicles so that we could roll down and crank it *L* and sure enough.... it cranked and went right back to 1/4 tank *haha*!! It was too funny!! PLUS those of you that know Jonathan Ellison knows that he HATES for someone to get on his grass *L*!!! Sweet Amanda had to pull on the grass for us to roll forward. Heidi Colquett was SOOOO mad and Karter kept saying that we hit Jonathan's truck because of the jar it did *haha*!!! We haven't laughed so hard in a long time. All for a silly piece of cake.... but it was soooo worth it :)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment