Sunday, June 12, 2011

A new week is starting....

Whew.... The Colquett 5 is one tired bunch!

This past week was nothing but amazing, but tiring at the same time. The kids had a ball at VBS, but Heidi was getting really tired... and I think it was because she went to FBC in Opp's VBS during the day.

Friday night was Family Night. Before we went, Kyle had given the chickens and ducks one of the kids old pools to swim in. They were in hog heaven! He also gave Josh a pool to cool him off! Speaking of Josh... he got caught up on all of his shots Saturday morning... and he has a mild case of heart worms :(!



Sophie and her friend, Parker, one night at VBS:


Okay... first of all.... the pictures you are about to see, Photographer Kyle took... and I think it is safe to say... he is NOT the best photographer!!!

Heidi did not want to get on stage and sing and do the motions to the song, so she sat in her teacher, Mrs. Micha's, lap the entire time. That was okay, but I really wanted to see what all she had learned.


Karter and Sophie did great during the whole entertainment. Mr. Ronnie gave them a sucker and they very satisfied.






Here are some of Hank, Oki, Baylee, Ella, Reeve, and Presley singing the songs:









Sophie is a BUSY little girl!!!


Whatever we are watching must be good.... I seem focused.


It was so cute.... all of a sudden Sophie was "doing" the motions with them.... once Kyle got the camera out she didn't do much of it... but here's the footage he did get:


Afterwards, we had yummy boston butt, baked beans, chips, and homemade icecream for dessert :)!!!



Our two precious girls had to play a little while we cleaned up our mess:


When we got home, Heidi put lotion all over our feet that she had made one night at VBS. Their teachers taught them the story of the prostitute washing Jesus' feet... so they made homemade lotion and the kids were supposed to come home and do that for us... and Heidi did that!!



Don't get me wrong... it felt GREAT, but when I had 15 coats on, it was time to stop... I had to get it off with a towell.... wasn't any rubbing it in *L*!!

Align Center

And of course I rocked my babies later on that evening.... just like I always do. I don't know what I would do if I had children that did not want to rock. I would be one sad Momma!


Saturday I worked on some stuff for Sophie's party and then Heidi, Sophie, and I went to one of Heidi's friends' birthday party. Here's the photo album I made for her:
After the party, Kyle, Karter, Cindy, Amanda, Jonathan, and I went to Dothan... ate at YUMMY Olive Garden, went to Sam's, Toys R Us, and Hobby Lobby. We had a GREAT time!! I got Sophie's cake topper :)!!! I had something else in mind, but I couldn't figure out how to do it, so I settled on something else that is still just as sweet.

We are trying to spend some one on one time with each child every now and then. Last month we took Sophie out, so this weekend we took Karter out. The girls' stayed at my dad and Yana's. Karter had a WONDERFUL time! He loved being the only one I think. And to be honest, I loved being able to give him the full attention. I quickly forgot how easy and enjoable it is with only one child. Now please don't take that the wrong way. I love my 3 kids more than life itself, but it's a lot of work.... and sometimes it is hard to enjoy something because there are 3 of them to watch, listen to, and take care of. I WOULDN'T TRADE ALL 3 OF THEM FOR ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!!!

Karter found him a jeep at Toys R Us that he would REALLY like to have.... and can you believe that they had a little motorized thing there that was $750..... YES you read that write.... $750!!! Unbelievable! Granted Heidi's pink car has been worth every penny.... but $750??? Get Real!!

Karter lovessssssss "Big Big Trucks".... they're not just Big Trucks, but Big BIG Trucks *L*!!

Amanda, Karter, and Me at Olive Garden... this was after our tummies were full!

This afternoon before church, I thought Kyle was putting Sophie's base back in the car, but he went ahead and put her toddler seat. He's 2 weeks early, but I figured that was okay. Not sure if she likes it yet or not. I just don't think she likes to ride period. But maybe once she starts feeling better she'll enjoy everything more. She still has a bad cold/allergies from a few weeks ago... I'm going to call the Dr tomorrow and tell him that this medicine is NOT working for her.
So tonight at church in the nursery, Sophie was standing up at my leg. Well Mrs Josephine had a sweet little baby and anyway he was trying to drink a bottle and it wouldn't come out. WEll she gave it to me to see if I could figure it out. Well I could tell it was FULL of air, so I started squeezing the bag (Playtex Nursers)... well guess what... it EXPLODED!!! BREAST MILK went all over Sophie and down my leg and in my shoe. SOOOO Gross!! I am so proud of this mom for nursing, but it's just not the same to be covered in someone else's breast milk. It's different when it's your own. Of course it smelt awful!! But like someone said... it's still bodily fluids. So anyway, we came home after DT. Had to get a bath/shower.

Here's my latest Sophie's bday party project:
I am working on making her a tutu to wear. I think it's going to end up cute once I get finished. Heidi had to "braid" my hair while I was working on the tutu:


So anyway... we had a really nice weekend. Oh and to the super sweet lady that I met Friday night that told me she reads my blogs, thank you!! You put a smile on my face. I didn't get your name, but you know who you are.

Anyway, everything is good at the Colquett house... and another week is starting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment