Thursday, December 8, 2011

25 Reasons I LOVE Christmas

I thought it would be fun to share with you exactly why I love Christmas and get so excited the month of December. I'm going to count down to #1.... just to lead you up to my favorite things.

25. Santa- Let's face it.... playing Santa Claus is fun. Really fun. Our kids know the real reason behind Christmas, but I do like the whole magical, excitement leading up to Christmas Eve.

24. Decorating for Christmas. I really do not enjoy getting all the things out and putting them up. I LOVE them once they are out, but getting all the boxes and containers down and hoping nothing has messed up over the year can get overwhelming for me *L*!

23. How much Kyle has changed over the years to where he is liking Christmas more and more each year.

22. The entire atmosphere of Christmas makes me smile. The thought of Christmas time makes me smile.

21. Telling Heidi... now Karter Christmas memories that I have of growing up.

20. Baking.... Christmas gives lots of reasons to bake!!

19. Bonuses *haha*!!

18. The only time I like cold weather is at Christmas. I think on Christmas we should be all bundled up instead of wearing short sleeve shirts.

17. Candy Canes

16. The smell of Apple Cider

15. Reminiscing on childhood memories of Christmas at my moms and Dads.

14. Christmas parties.

13. Surprising people with gifts that I hope they love.

12. Elf on a Shelf - Jing. Jing has really made things funner over the years. I love the excitement of the kids faces when he does something silly and the frustration on their faces when they can't find him.

11. Christmas Clothes. I LOVE to dress the kids in Christmas clothes.

10. Drawing names. I love drawing names each year. It's fun getting someone different each year (or at least you hope you do).

9. Christmas Movies. I could watch a Christmas Movie everyday and be very happy.

8. Cheerful Commercials. The T.V. stations are even jollier this time of year.

7. Wrapping presents. I LOVE wrapping gifts.

6. Buying presents. I get so excited throughout the year buying things for this person or that. That's why I like to draw names like for next Christmas, this Christmas.

5. Eggnog. I have such grand memories of helping my Grandmother mix up the eggnog each year for Christmas. Although I know it is full of calories, I think I could drink the entire carton.

4. Christmas Lights. It's hard to go by a house that has some type of lighted outdoor Christmas decoration without smiling.

3. Time with Family. I LOVE LOVE LOVE spending time with family. Christmas just gives us another excuse to get together.

2. Christmas Music. Kyle has finally come to accept the fact that come Thanksgiving night, I'm pulling out my Christmas CDs. I could listen to Christmas music all day every day and be very happy. It's all about spending time together, birth of Jesus, snow, etc. why wouldn't it make you smile? You only "get" to hear it one month out of the year.

AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST.... OR SHOULD I SAY... DUN DUN DUN..... FIRST ON MY LIST.....

1. The Reason for the Season. Jesus Christ our Newborn King. Jesus is the only reason for the season. Kyle and I want to make sure that our children know the reason we celebrate Christmas. It's not for some fat guy in a red suit that brings presents and eats your cookies. It's because the Virgin Mary gave birth to our Savior.

**** Anyway I love this time of year more and more each year. It most definitely puts me in a happier, jollier mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment