Sunday, December 11, 2011

Obedience

Now this is a blog that makes the decision for me to make my blog private so hard. There are people out there that need Jesus and who knows.... this may be their only way? So I still have mixed emotions... a lot of mixed emotions about that.

Anyway... the story I am about to tell you completely brings tears to my eyes and runs chill bumps down my spine. I have an amazing husband and I learned so much from him today. I am going to tell you the story as it took place today. It is a story of obedience.

I don't know why we ever try to "plan" things out. God has the only plan!

This morning in Sunday School as we were taking up prayer request, the husband of a very sweet couple asked for prayer for his family and some troubles they were going through. He got emotional and said his transmission just went out on his truck and things were really hard. Well, Kyle (which is soooo unusual for him to whisper anything to me in class) put his arm around me and pulled me close and said we have to do something to help them. I just nodded my head. Anyway... class went on and at the sound of the first bell, we got up and went to the 2 year old room where we had to keep it for church service.

Well Kyle was still very convicted about this and waited for our SS teacher to get out of class and then went straight to him to see what we could do or how about going to do it. Well.... it had touched our teachers heart too and he gave the couple all the cash he had in his pocket and told Kyle that he could get something together and then just give them an anonymous donation. Because of work and stuff, Kyle was worried about timing and getting it all together... and was planning on who he was going to talk to, etc. And we had decided on the amount that we would be able to give them.

Anyway.... church went on as normal and after church we were headed home and Kyle's cell phone rang. My Dad and Yana asked if we wanted to go eat lunch. You all know me.... I am a home body *L*!! All I was thinking about was we were going to eat left over shrimp, potatoes, corn, etc... and I was going to wash clothes and get the presents ready for the 2 birthday parties we had today.... so I was just looking at him *L*!! Anyway... he told them we would go eat and over lunch, somehow it came up that my Grandmother got a new car. My cousin got a new car, so my aunt and uncle gave my grandmother her old one, which is still very nice. Well I will be honest, I really wasn't thinking about the couple when I asked if she was going to sell it. My Dad said he really didn't know what she was going to do yet. Anyway, that made Kyle's wheels turn.

He then began telling them what had happened just hours before and my Dad said well she might would donate the car? It is still a nice car, there is just a few things that need "tweeking" on it. We went on about dinner and didn't even talk about it on the way home. Not long after we got home, my Dad called and said that Grandmama would gladly donate her car to a needy family. Kyle acted like a kid at Christmas. He immediately called our teacher and in a matter of hours, Kyle had this dear couple a new car.

When we got to church, he was hoping to see the couple. It was all planned for them not to be there yet, because Kyle and our teacher spoke to this guy's employer and found out how great of a person he is and how dependable he is. They actually cleaned out an old farm truck and let him drive it so they would have a way to get to church and take his children to school. They also told Kyle that they had decided that they should buy them a vehicle and spent the entire afternoon looking, but just couldn't find anything. Is this God or what?? Kyle said when they said that, he and our teacher looked at one another and then said... well that's because we already have one. His employer and his wife were floored. No words were needed to be able to "feel" that this was a work of God.

We had 2 year olds again tonight, but Kyle would hardly wait until church was over so that he could find them to tell them. Want to hear something awesome???? THE GUY GOT SAVED TONIGHT!!!! Yep!!! He is now our Brother in Christ. Do you not see God's hand in all of this?

Kyle and our teacher took them to a private room to tell them how perfectly God laid all of this out and how they wanted no recognition for this because it's all God's doings. All he did was obey God. He said the couple broke down. They were so thankful and emotional. He knew the right thing had been done. Had he of not responded to his aching heart in Sunday School. Had my Dad and Yana not called us for lunch. Had we of just said well we'll just eat at home today. Had my aunt and uncle not given my Grandmother that car LAST NIGHT. You know? It's absolutely incredible how He works. This was so heavy on Kyle's heart. I learned so much from him today. What a testimony!

Like Kyle said, although we don't see the bigger picture at the time, there is always a reason for everything. If the guys transmission had not gone out, he may not have felt the tug of the Holy Spirit to go forward and ask God into his heart and life. He said that he had never felt a calling from God so strongly. And it just absolutely and utterly amazed us. This morning a couple was hurting and in need of a miracle. Tonight, just 9 hours later, they received a miracle from God.

God is truly one of a kind. He works in ways that we can't imagine sometimes. He tests us constantly and He wants us to obey his requests. If you aren't a follower and believer of Christ, I truly urge you to join the club. It's a club that you will be so thankful and glad that you joined.

Our God has a plan for everything. He knows all! He sees all! He hears all! He is all knowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment