Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

My mom gets us an ornament each year, and that above is ours for this year :)!! I LOVE it!

So Christmas was most definitely different this year. I really thought I was prepared to have it without Kyle, but emotionally/mentally I wasn't at all prepared. I never realized how much I leaned on him this time of year. Christmas is my all time favorite Holiday and it just was not the same without him here with us. I miss his excitement along with the kids while opening gifts. I missed him aggravating everyone about their gifts. I missed him starting the Wrapping Paper fight tonight at the Messer's. I didn't realize my heart would hurt so bad. I really try to be strong and hold it together.... mostly for the kids. They need to know and understand that this is Daddy's job, but if he could have been here, he most definitely would have.

Okay Okay... anyway... sorry to get sappy on you. I'll get on with Christmas Day 2011 :)!! We spent the night at my Dads house Christmas Eve... that way we wouldn't wake up alone on Christmas Day.

Here's our Tree before we took any presents from it :)!! I am so thankful that we are able to give. We love to give gifts at Christmas.... and we buy them all year long. We really try to put a lot of thought and our hearts into buying presents.... and want to be sure that the recipient could use it or really wanted it. I don't ever want to just hurry and go buy a gift just to have something to give and it have no meaning.



The kiddos ended up sleeping later than I thought they would.... so we didn't have time to do any of the gift opening or stockings before church. My Dad cooked a yummy breakfast (menu was thanks to Karter's request *L*: Eggs, Grits, Sausage, and Biscuits) and then we got ready to head to church.

Here's the Colquett 5 Christmas Morning minus #1 Colquett:


Tyler took this picture of Heidi and I LOVE it!!! He always takes great snapshots.
After church, we went back to Dads and changed clothes. We got to do our stockings and a few gifts before lunch was ready.

I just brought Kyle's stocking home and some gifts.... let him open when he gets home :)!


My beautiful Children.....


Okay... so I had asked my Dad and Yana for a Shark (vacuum system)... anyway... they are always so creative. I opened a present and had a stuffed animal Shark in it and this super cute poem in it that Yana put together:
*L* I told them you know I'm a mom of 3 when I get excited over a vacuum!


Little Tiny doing her side ways pose...











Kman got some Camo Rain Boots.... he LOVES them!! They came in handy yesterday too because it was raining. It's raining tonight and tomorrow too so they'll come in handy then too.










Sissy got some new boots (turns out to be 2 left boots :\....) and Sophie had to of course try them on.





Papa got Karter Man a new motorcycle. He loved it. He was giving it a ride in the little wagon *L*! He was so much fun with opening gifts. He would get so excited over a toy and have to stop and play with it.




She loves to "Rock Rock" in this chair....

Kman got a new much needed rain coat too :)!! Will also come in Handy!


We took family pictures a few months back.... I'll do a blog on them soon because I haven't posted them deliberately because of Christmas. I had wanted to do other things with them, but the website never would cooperate for me to do so :(!! Soooo we opted to give them photo books instead.
Isn't this sweet? They are 2 peas in a pod when they are together.

Tickle, Tickle, Tickle......
Oh my starts Kman LOVED his new truck and boat. His Daddy will like it to :)



Soph finally took all she could take and conked out!



At the very end after everyone opened, they handed me an untagged box. It was from Kyle :)!! He took it by the day before he left and told them to wait until Christmas Morning to give it to me. I thought that was sooooo beyond thoughtful! I caught me completely off guard and of course I teared up.





It was a beautiful Sorrelli Necklace.

HAHA Isn't he cute?? Khaki pants, sweater, camo boots and camo hat... he was ready to go!!



He fell fast asleep on the way to Mom's house.


The kids were so excited. They had all sorts of toys in place when we got there. Heidi got a horse for Ellie, her American Girl Doll, that I think Sophie liked more than Heidi *L*!!



Kman got a grill, they got a new kitchen, light set for all the motorized cars outside, and a play gas station.








Gitty Up Horsey!! Gitty Up!



Soph loved opening gifts. She loved to tear all the paper off and when she would get to the box, she would just squeal and squeal.... she would be so excited. She didn't care what was in the box, the whole thing just made her excited *L*!


Heidi got lots of clothes for Ellie :)!

And I am SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited.... Heidi and I got sewing machines!!! I am so ready to learn how to sew it's not even funny. And I want to pick up on it fast *L*!! I want to just be a natural..... *L* year right.
Soph's cute new owl hat...


Babee even got us the Sewing box and all the accessories that we would need inside it.

HAHA Little Tiny finally got tired of all her clothes and just decided to shed them.



Mom got a photo book too :)!!! KyKy and H are studying some magnetic thing they got Karter. It's really neat actually.



she is soooo crazy, but that's why all the kids love her.



Ring Around the Rosie.... her new favorite song.

Dancing with KyKy.


I actually got a picture of them hugging.... mark that one down *L*!


Later on, Tyler and I were in the kitchen... I wanted some cake and I knew noone else would eat it.... It was really yummy. Heidi made it Christmas Eve for Maybe Jesus.


and here's what our disastrous house looked like this morning......

So anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas. Church was packed, so that was a huge praise. What better place to celebrate Jesus' birthday than to do it at church?

Anyway... there are more to come at a different time.

No comments:

Post a Comment