Monday, December 12, 2011

Private???? or Not????

I am soooooo stinking confused on what to do. I just sat here and type in all of the email addresses of people that I know for sure reads my blog and they add up to be over 100 people. To make my blog private, I can only have up to 100 readers. HOW would I pick and choose? I have normally 200 readers on a given day. I have gone in and made it to where you can't search for my blog with search engines anymore. So that'll help some.

I look at Kelly's Korner blog. She is the most popular blogger I know and she doesn't have hers private. I guess she's not afraid of "strangers"? Why do we live in a World where we have to consider that anyway? I don't get it. Why are there psychos out there?

I stay paranoid. Majority of people that "I KNOW" that read my blog.... know me... know Kyle.... and know his job schedule. I don't want to have to "watch what I say" the entire time he is working... the whole reason I wanted to blog in the first place was to be able to express my feelings and to be able to go back one day and look at it. I don't want to have to wonder what i was really thinking at that point. I want to be able to be ME on here and type what I am thinking.

So you see why I have mixed emotions? This is my story. This is my witnessing tool. I love blogging and I want those of you that read this to know that there is still happiness to be found in the world. I want to look back and read about our good days and our bad. How loving and how wild our kids are. The chaotic times and the calm times.

The thing is.... I don't mind you reading about all those times. I am real. I am me. But I want to know or I wish I could know that the people that read it are trustworthy. I don't know how to chose only 100 people.

Kyle thinks I should just carry on like I have been. Of course others think the same, but also I have had several to tell me to go private. WHAT TO DO? WHAT TO DO?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what I would do if I were in your situation. I can see the good and bad in both aspects of it. With that being said, I found your blog through Meredith Ramer's and don't know you or your family. However, I really enjoy reading all about your sweet family and would be sad to not be able to anymore. I would understand if you chose to do that though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I came across your blog through Meredith's and I love reading it! You are such an amazing wife and Momma and as a Christian wife and mom myself, I love being able to relate to others in the same boat. You motivate and inspire me on the hard days as a mom sometimes. I love how honest you are about how crazy your mornings can be trying to get everyone ready, but you love it and wouldn't have it any other way. The stories of some things your kids do are hilarious too and it's always nice to make someone smile. I loved your recent post about the family you just helped...that is the reason I would vote for you to keep it public, but I understand either way. Whatever you decide...thanks for allowing us in for the time being and know that it has been a positive hinge for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops...meant positive thing for me...(not hinge!). :)

    ReplyDelete