Monday, December 19, 2011

Little Friends Christmas Party 2011

Tonight was our 2nd Annual Little Friends Painting Christmas Party. The girls have a blast getting together, doing something fun, and playing. Us moms enjoy the fellowship too :)!!

I am so thankful that we surround ourselves with families that follow Christ and are unashamed. I am very thankful that our girls can see that their moms are going to make sure that they always put God first. We started the party by putting the girls in a circle around Mrs. Jan. Mrs. Jan does the paint parties for us. She gave the girls a wonderful Devotion.
At the end of the devotion, she had a sack that she put in the middle of them. She told them that in this bag was $1 for everyone. She wanted them to think of someone special. Maybe a child that wasn't going to get anything this Christmas, maybe someone that didn't have much. She told them they could put it in the offering plate at church as a gift to Jesus. She gave the girls lots of examples. Heidi and I were talking about what she was going to do with hers when we left, and it didn't take her long to say that she was giving hers to KyKy. She said that he doesn't have any money and she wanted him to have her dollar. I couldn't help but smile. I thought that was really sweet. I think it made KyKy's night. He grinned from ear to ear.
After the devotion, we all stood and gathered in a circle holding hands and said a prayer and blessing. How wonderful is that? Once again, I am thankful that we have gatherings where we can do things like that and not even think twice. I think God for my friends.
I was so sad :(.... after those pictures above, my camera died *sniffles* so I had to use my phone camera. It takes pretty good pictures, but not at a distance. We took the girls outside and Natalie got some great pictures in the street. I'll try to get her to send those to me. I'd love a copy!!! *hint hint* if you are reading this Natalie :)!!

Presley and Heidi:
HAHA I didn't notice Sara Catherine's face until I uploaded this picture. Priceless!


This is why these paintings are so special to me.

We also made picture frames ;-)!! Memories.... memories.....memories.
Presley, Heidi, Katie
HAHA I don't know what we would do if Jennifer didn't have a child our girls' age. She is definitely the go getter leader *haha*!! She's getting the girls in their circle in this picture:
What a cute idea... right?
They were all saying... look at mine.... look at mine.... *L*!!!
I love how all the paintings are the same, but also different.







Once again..... Jennifer leading the pack *haha*!

Oki is so funny. She does her own thing :)!!
This was such a fun picture. They were seriously falling.... caught in the most perfect act *L*!!
They were opening their presents from all of us moms :)!! Got Mrs. Beth to make them ornaments.
Heidi's Charlie Brown tree:
The super cute ornament she got:

So as you can see.... they had a ball. I am glad that we started this tradition. We get our girls together every chance we get.... but for sure once in the summer and once at Christmas. We want them to grow up with Memories and see how each one has changed throughout the years.

THANK YOU GOD FOR BLESSING US WITH GREAT CHRISTIAN FRIENDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment