Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Karter's Turn..... ALL About Him!!


You didn't think I could leave my Kman out now did you *S*?? Myles Karter Colquett joined our family on April 15, 2009. Yep... TAX DAY Baby. We were so excited to be having him. I thought the 3 years between he and Heidi would be the most perfect age. And what better than to have a baby boy after already having a girl?

He was the smallest of the 3. He weighed 7 lbs 13 oz. I was put in the hospital for a couple days the week before I had him due to a severe UTI and dehydration.... so the DRs gave me the option to be induced and with much hesitation, I decided to do it. (I am NOT an induction fan.... I would much rather go into labor on my own).

Anyway.... I thought I would share with you some pictures over the past 2 years of Kman. ENJOY!

A couple days after we got home, Karter and I had to go back and stay in the hospital for his jaundice :(!! He had to stay in the tanning bed I said. This was so heart breaking. It was so hard for me to sit there and watch him in this incubator and not being able to get my hands on him.

First ride in a car seat.
This was the night before induction.... what a belly *L*!!
Such a handsome baby boy!!
He's always looked like a miniature Kyle to me!
He can be so sweet and loving!


This is one of those moments in life that you cannot describe. The first time you put your hands on this human being that you brought into this World is such an amazingly awesome feeling. I immediately loved him more than words can even begin to describe. It was instant!

He is alllllll boy!!! Loves his tractors, dump trucks, excavators, boats, etc.
This is one of my absolutely most favorite pictures of him.
Oh what small little smiles will do to your heart!!
When Karter was a couple months old, I had to take him (Yes that's my bestie I conned into going with me :) ) to Pensacola to Sacred Heart to do some tests and an Upper GI. He was diagnosed with GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease) early on and with the amount that he spit up, they had to make sure he didn't need surgery. Thankfully he didn't.
Halloween 2011

Awww he was unhappy here. Look how jaundice he was in this picture.

Such a sweet boy. He didn't walk until he was 16 months old! Whew! *L*!


Just like his Daddy... always trying to figure things out.

Aren't these big brown eyes not to die for?











Karter's name is very special. He is MKC III. He, his Daddy, and his Grandaddy all have the same initials and are called by the "K" name. I wanted to call him Myles if I had to do the MKC thing, but Kyle begged to differ :)!! We got Myles by combining Matthew (Kyle's first name) and Kyle together.

He is a very sweet, loving, tendered hearted little boy. He is the most indecisive 2 year old I know. It is so hard for him to make ANY decision. He goes back and forth.... back and forth.

He was potty trained a few months ago... In November he was 100%... so 2 years 7 months.

He doesn't seem to have the speech impediment that his sissy does.

He loves, loves, loves to drink. He drinks something all day long pretty much.


***Anyway, I am so beyond blessed to have 3 precious kids. God has blessed us beyond measure and I am trying really hard to pay attention to that and to thank Him each and everyday for them.

Sometimes I feel like Karter has been shorted because he is the middle child, plus he was only 5 months old when I found out I was pregnant. So i feel like I had to "grow him up" really fast because of Sophie. This is a pretty constant battle for me. I love him with all of my heart and I will always make sure that he knows that :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment