Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Past Couple of Days....

It has been a busy past few days. We had church Wednesday night... Wednesday evenings are always busy for us.

Yesterday I took my sweet friend, Kayla, out to lunch for her birthday. Last night I took supper to my sweet friend, Valerie, who just had a baby. I did our supper easy though and called Pizza Hut and picked up Chicken Alfredo on the way home. HA!

So..... I did something yesterday I have NEVER done before and I am so embarrassed to even say I did it. I forgot Sophie at daycare :(!! I didn't leave work until right at 5:30 and I was sitting at the red light to turn to come home and thankfully I checked my phone and I had a text from my friend Meredith that said "You gettin Soph"? OMG my heart sank. I felt AWFUL!! you hear me?? AWFUL! It never even crossed my mind that I had to pick her up. Tyler picked Kman up yesterday afternoon and then they got Heidi from school. Ordinarily my mom gets the kids because she gets off earlier than I do and she can't stand them to be at daycare if they don't have to be and I am so thankful she feels that way. So she gets them from school I would say 98% of the time. I guess I am just so used to that that it didn't even cross my mind today when she told me she had a Dr appointment that I needed to get them *L*! Thankfully the workers were really nice about it, but of course we won the award for having the last kid there today. Soph just smiled and came running to me when I got there... like nothing was wrong.

I was going to share some pictures with you that kyKy took with his phone... he is such a terrific photographer.


He took these with his phone too.... Sophie LOVES to ride on anyone's shoulders. She is so funny. You really have to hold her because if not, she'll test you and lean back just as far as she can without falling. Hince the look on our faces below *L*!!



This was beautiful Heidi before church Wednesday night:
Okay.... I know you already think I am weird... but this is going to make you know for sure that I am weird. As you know, I got a new Shark Vacuum for Christmas. Well it is supposed to help with allergies.... and I know why. I took a picture of the filter and the container after only vacuuming the living room, kitchen, and our bedroom. How disgusting? It almost made me sick to my stomach to know that was still on our floor. I had vacuumed about 3 days before I did the Shark on it. So how about those apples? AND our living room is hardwood floors minus the rug... and our kitchen is tile. Gross huh? I like it because I can clean the filter and wash out the container.


So as you know, we didn't do anything New Year's Eve night :(!! BUT we made up for it Sunday night after church. My cousin, Drew, called me and told me to come out to the farm after church and shoot fireworks. I am so glad we went. They had food and lots of fireworks. The kids had a ball. Karter loved helping Drew light the fireworks. He would light it and take of running... notice in the last picture how lit up his face is.




Heidi started missing her Daddy really bad :(! I think it was because she knew how much he would love to be there shooting fireworks with us. It hurts to see my babies hurt :(!! It was sad. So she was getting some Papa squeezes in!





Sophie was soooo sleepy. She ended up falling asleep. We joked saying that you know she's the 3rd child because she can go to sleep in the middle loud fireworks.





This was the neatest thing. It's a parachute thing... and it lights up and just drifts off. How cool is that?


Now could you imagine driving down the road and seeing it? We joked that there would be reports of UFO's *L*! Or what if the fire went out and the thing fell and landed on your windshield baahaaaa??


Monday was a WONDERFUL day!! I was off work and any and every chance I get to spend the day with my children is a wonderful day. We played outside a lot, I ran to Enterprise, caught up on laundry, vacuumed out my car, took the Christmas decorations down, let Jaycee out to play, cooked lunch, etc... just a very productive, terrific day.

Can you tell how hyper Jaycee is in this picture? She was so glad to be out for a little while.



I'm thinking Santa's jeep is as good as an investment as Heidi's pink car.



Baahaaaa poor Sophie Lynne couldn't stand it any longer. She crashed in her pink car.

OKAY so if any of you know my brother, then you KNOW that him vacuuming out his car is about as rare as it gets. i HAD to take a picture of it to prove it *L*!


And then he helped me with Christmas decorations. I quickly realized how much I take Kyle for granted. He normally takes care of all the decorations. He even puts them out. I just decorate the tree. He is magnificent. Anyway... our tree is prelight, but the bulbs were messed up, so we put a strand of real ones around it too... and then we couldn't figure out how to take the crazy thing apart... sooooo here we are toting the entire tree outside.

Kyle told me before he left that if I would just leave the decorations that he would get them. He almost gets what he asked for.







Okay it's hard to tell in this picture, but I am telling Heidi that I am about to get him....


It sure looks like I did :)!!



Okay so small story... Kyle is so wonderful. As i said, he puts all the decorations up... this year he did it while I was at work :)!! They looked great... I just had one small request... The lights on the garland on the far window were hanging down... like going below the garland. He said no problem... He could fix it. Well all I knew was that he fixed it. I didn't think another thing about it.... until Tyler and I were taking the decorations down.... he put black tape on each light so you couldn't see it *L*!! Tyler and I laughed and laughed while taking everything down.


If you know Kyle even the least little bit.. then you know he "rigs" everything. They say growing up he always did the same thing.... he would take stuff apart just to put it back together again. Check out these wires.... they were all connected by being cut apart and then reconnected... he is pretty smart with this stuff I might add.




I think I'll need a lesson in how to take the decorations down next year *L*!

After our wonderful day at home, I gave the kiddos baths and then we headed to Papa and Nana's house to eat supper. KyKy and Heidi (& Little Bit) enjoyed playing with Ellie, Heidi's American Girl Doll, and Katie, My American Girl Doll.



Okay so then I am skipping to last night. KyKy spent the evening with us... which the kiddos love and sooooo are going to miss him when he goes back to college. *sniffles*!

But he read the kids some of the stories in Karter's Cars book. They love for him to read because he gets all animated. I videoed a small part of it :)!


We got the newest Tinkerbell Movie in on Netflix yesterday... so we put that in and the girls wanted to get in the sleeping back and watch it on the floor.


Next thing we knew.... they were out. Sophie was so comfortable and she has been getting up during the night lately, so I just snuggled her up really well and let her sleep there and guess what??? She slept ALL NIGHT!!


Anyway... the weekend is here! I love weekends :)!! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment