Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Back on 2011.....

I wanted to look back over 2011. 2011 was a very interesting year for us and a lot went on and a lot changed in our little family. The beginning of 2011 was a tough year for me... but it most definitely ended very well.

I have gone through and pulled some random pictures over the past year... and posted some yearly highlights :)!! Looking back at all the pictures makes me realize how much the kids grew over the year. Sophie was still a baby and Kman was pretty babyish himself :)!! Anyway.... enjoy!!




Karter got rid of the Paci not long after his 2nd birthday.










Heidi had her first Dance Recital...

Cookies with Characters.....


Disney on Ice...





Easter 2011
Heidi graduated preschool......

Karter turned 2


Heidi turned 5
Sophie turned 1
Independence Day!!
Happy July 4th!
Waiting to watch the July 4th fireworks..
Heidi and I put feathers in our hair to go along with the quick Fad...
Heidi started Kindergarten





I was accidentally sprayed with Coil cleaner and burnt my neck and ear.


My cousin, Abby, started Pharmacy School at Auburn University!


Kyle started his new job and left for the first time.


When he left, I got brave and took the kids to Fairhope, AL for his cousins wedding.



Summertime fun...


Skyping with their Daddy for the first time....


Labor Day..






GO BOBCATS!


Heidi was in her first parade... Homecoming 2011


Heidi's first school field trip




Halloween 2011
2 Alabama Cheerleaders & Al the Elephant

Family Disney Trip 2011... Sophie's first trip to Disney (She actually went when she was in my tummy... but this was her first "physical" trip *L*)








We released the ducks...




Kyle and my relationship was renewed and we felt like teenagers again enjoying each others company.


The kids went to Troy Games with Papa & Nana:



I couldn't find a picture, but Karter was completely potty trained in November 2011. Majority of the time he even wakes up with a dry diaper during the night. We put that on him just in case :)!! But he is good about waking me up to go tee tee. This was a huge accomplishment and I owe it all to KC for working with him while he was home.

First ever Family Pictures....











Thanksgiving 2011


Kyle got a wild hair and thought we should trade Karter's room and the playroom (great idea I might add).


These kids LOVE their Daddy!





Christmas 2011


So as you can see, we had a busy 2011.
We ended the last day of the year by going on a shopping trip. We were give slap out by the time the day was over.
The girls were standing at the rope looking at Santa's chair and next thing I knew I heard Heidi laughing... Sophie had taken off under the rope and I had to run and jump the rope after her *L*! She always keeps us on our toes.


We didn't have anywhere to go New Year's Eve.... so we just came home (we were tired anyway), started a movie, and was out pretty early.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012


I am sad to say that I didn't get any black eyed peas or turnip greens for New Years :(!! The closest thing I came to getting the "money" was if you count the green peppers in the cheese dip at the Mexican Restaurant *haha*!

I am not one to do New Years Resolutions. I am just going to make sure that 2012 is better than 2011. I am going to make sure I grow closer and closer to Christ. I want to live this year like it's my last and enjoy every day. The years are going by faster and faster it seems. I realized that this is the last year that we can say things like... it's 12-12-12 at 12:12PM. That's kind of say. Made me realize how fast it went from 01-01-01 to 12-12-12. WOW!

ANYWAY.... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE FROM THE COLQUETT 5!!

No comments:

Post a Comment