Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sophie's 2nd Birthday......

 Well.... we celebrated our baby girl's 2nd birthday this past weekend :)!!  It was a gorgeous day, but it was brutally hot . SOOOOO hot!!!  Her party theme was Owls.... and the color theme was orange and "light blue".  Kyle wasn't too happy for the "Auburn" theme, but with the lighter blue.... he was okay :)!!
I thought I would share party pics from the day ):!! Enjoy!!!

Party favors were Owl Aprons and Bird Houses with Maple Nut Goodies.


 I had my creative step mom over Friday night and she folded the aprons so nicely and tied them so pretty :)!!

 These were homemade owl fans.  No 2 were alike.... and I LOVED that about them.  I modged podged each one with scrap book paper and cut it out on card board :)!!
 This was a beautiful crystal owl that I borrowed.

 These sign was over by the "photo" wall. (You'll see in a bit what I mean)

 I just wanted the table centerpieces to be simple, yet cutesy.  So I wrapped some boxes and then put orange burlap around them.

 This was our huge decorative garbage "can".

 I also modge podged the same scrap book paper onto her card board name :)!!
 I bought these water bottle labels on etsy :) and printed them on waterproof labels.





 I was really pleased with everything :)!!

 My sweet Momma In Law had this hanging on her door and let me borrow it to hang on mine for the party :)!


 Is her cake not soooooooo stinking cute???? I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE her cake!!!




 I try to coordinate food to match the party as well.... so orange cantalope made the table :)!
 I bought these plates WAYYYY back when and used them as the focal point to plan the party around them.



 No Colquett 5 party is complete without some sanitizer :)!!


 WHOOO WHOOOO!!!! It's finally all together.

 And it was soooo stinking hot.  101 Saturday!! Thankfully we set up a little kiddie pool (blue of course *L*) and the slip in slide.
 Babee and Sophie Lynne :)!!! Sophie had just woke up.

 Karter sure was checking out the cake.


 I saw this super cute idea on pinterest and had to do it :)!!!

 This is sweet Leah.... she joined the party :)!!!










 Time to do the candles :)!!!



 HAHA Kyle and Jonathan matched perfectly for the party.... so we had to get their picture..... they were great sports :)!
 Child Hood Best Friends :)!!
 Jonathan and his wife and my sweet friend, Whitney.
 PEACE Papa and Sophie said *L*!!
 Beautifull Sara Catherine :)!!
 PRESENT TIME!!!!  Papa looks excited :)!!


 Look at how itty bitty Leah is :)!!! AWWWW

 My friend April and her handsome little man, Jackson.
 Oh yeah.......


 Love this picture of Aunt Mandy and Hank
 HAHA Silly girls...



 :) LOVE these two pictures of Meme and her boys :)!!


 LOVE these pictures of Nana and Papa
 And finally Sophie Girl wanted to put her new swimsuit on and join the party in the pool *L*!!

 Sophie and her friend, Emmie Kate....
 HAHA.... this is funny to me..... Brayden LOVES him some Sophie.  He talks about her non stop.... very much has a big crush on her and he just turned 3.  Well he was chasing her around and his Mama said it was a glance in our future *L*!! He'll always be chasin' her.  So I'll always think about that now everytime I see this picture.
 Caroline is such a funny little girl :)!!! She is beautiful inside and out.
 haha Momma and her sis, my Aunt Donna....

 Sophie pushing Papa for a little while.... and Frazier..... well he's just keeping an eye on them *haha*!
 Sweet cousins.....

So as you can see, the party was a HUGE success..... hot weather and all :)!! 

I do feel a huge sense of relief that I have 10 months until the next one *L*!!

No comments:

Post a Comment