Monday, June 17, 2013

A Little Different Father's Day

 So this Father's Day was very different for me.  It was my first Father's Day in 28 years that I was not able to see my Dad & give him a hug or hang out by his pool.  That's just part of his job and the sacrifices he makes.  Ole Kyro had the entire day to himself :)!!

Friday night we took his Dad out for his 60th Birthday/Father's Day.  We ate at Hilltop and haven't been there in at least 2 years or longer.  It was some kind of DELICIOUS!  I got grilled shrimp, potato, and cheese grits (for Kman hehe).  So yummy.  After we ate we went to Kyle's Uncle Randy & Aunt Angela's house to hang out for a little bit and to enjoy Petifore's (sp?). 

I sat in the back seat with Sophie and Karter and let Spot ride up front.  Sophie would hug me and say, "We best friends are we"..... she really says the sweetest things.


Okay y'all..... I still crack up at these videos.  Mostly at the unkown and knowing that Sophie knows that the teeth are fake, but she still feels like she is part of "Nightmare on Elm Street".  Completely terrified.

 Alrighty.... so in honor of Kyro, I wanted to start by being my same ole weird self that notices weird things.  I was looking at the recent Pottery Barn Teen magazine that came in the other day and wouldn't you know..... his initials were all throughout it.  I only took a snap shot of a couple pages.  Just to spare you from boredom.


 Okay so now to start his real eewwy gooey mushy Father's Day write up.....
 I never knew 13 years ago when we started dating (and the 2 years before that that we were BFFs) that each year he would make me happier and happier.  He is such a phenomenal Daddy.  He takes time with the kids.  He is a wonderful Christian man and the kids watch his every move even when he doesn't know it.  He loves me unconditionally and the kids notice that.  He is loving, caring, handsome, encouraging, optimistic, always has his glass 1/2 full, handsome, sweet, kind, gentle, funny, handsome, remarkable, strong, pure, oh and did I mention handsome? 

Being such a wonderful Dad/Father just makes me that much more attracted to him. 

Anyway, we started the day off with a wonderful church service.  Might I add that we were commending the kiddos on the way to church by how wonderful they were yesterday morning getting ready.  No fussing.  No complaining.  They ate breakfast and got dressed like the champs I know they are :)!!

I had to get a snap shot of my Sophie Girl once we got home from church.  She is so funny.  As soon as she gets in her Sunday School room, her hair comes down and her shoes come off. 
 My mom wanted to grill for Kyro so before we went out there, we hung out at the house for a few hours.  (Kman wet the bed so had to wash that.  And then he had a small accident at church, so had to wash his clothes. 
  I LOVE Heidi's laughter in this video.  The babies were seriously cracking her up.  I tell you what.... I know that people everyday have kids closer than 14 months apart.  So those of you that do know when I say this that it is beyond true.  They are closer than close.  They do most everything together.  If one has to use the bathroom, the other is usually not far behind if not at the same time, they want to sleep together, wake up together, play together, etc.  So them both falling asleep at the same time yesterday was no surprise.  But since we were on Kyle's truck, they had to be in boosters.... so the bobble heads were seriously happening.

Kyle doesn't cook much, but when he does... usually it is on the grill and he sure cooked us some fine porkchops last night and sausage.
 He asked me what I wanted to drink.  Here I am thinking he is being all nice..... I should have known he had other motives.....
 So when he wasn't looking, I added his name to his cup :)!!!  LaToyia is my name, yes.... I just prefer Toyia.

Anyway, after dinner we went to Moms pond.  Gosh we stayed there for hours.  Just feeding the fish, etc.  Well once her gator was spotted, Kyle started throwing bread balls at it.

 Once the sun really started going down, the gator started moving.  We honestly had the best time just watching it go all over.  I had no clue that their eyes would glow at night with the flash light on them.  So the bright "dot" you see is a blurred picture of the gator's eyes.


  This video cracks me up.  Mostly because I didn't realize just how much I repeated "like he is right here".  I was in my own world just videoing LOL! 
 After our gator hunt, we decided it was time to come home.  H and K wanted to stay with Babee of course since she is off on Mondays.  So we let Sophie ride in the middle with her booster.  It wasn't 2 minutes later that she was leaning her head on me snoozing. 
What a wonderful day we had.  Just all being together and relaxing.  Different than any other Father's Day that I can remember having, but that's okay.  I was just thankful Kyle wasn't at work for this one too.  Not sure what I will do when he and Dad are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment