Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mower, Storm, Teddy.... Oh My!


The other morning while Face timing, Kyle and Sophie were practicing holding up "3" fingers she her birthday was almost here.  She couldn't get them to cooperate haha.  So I taught her to just do the "ok" symbol and that holds 3 up.  Works for me!
 Monday was kind of a hectic day.  Our mower needs a little TLC and moms blades need sharpening.  So she got My Uncle's mower and his has some short in it and won't stay going.  But he wasn't sure if it was just a fluke thing or worked now, so Mom got his mower to do hers and came to town to get gas & thought she would come by here and I could mow ours in no time with it.  Well it just wouldn't work.  So she took it back and got her mower.  We thought maybe it wouldn't be so bad..... well I had to mow our front yard twice because of all the twigs it left.  SOOOO I went and borrowed Dad & Yana's and finally got the grass mowed that afternoon.

In the meantime with all of that, Babee mentioned Burger King for lunch, so I went and got that while she was doing the 2nd lawn mower swap.

Well y'all, Heidi has graduated from the kids meal to a regular sized meal.  The kids meals just do not fill her up.  I got her a Whopper Jr and when we got home, it was a tiny burger.  So I put it on Karter's burger and low and behold..... SAME SIZE!!! How about that?  So I paid more for her a burger that she could have gotten with a kids meal.  So FYI to everyone!

I got me a chicken sandwich.  By the time I got everyone situated with their food, Heidi was finished with hers and was still hungry.  Like any other mom would do, I gave her mine.  So I paid $27 for a Burger King meal that I didn't even get to eat.
 When I was almost finished with our yards, it started raining on me.  I just finished because it wasn't that hard and I didn't have much left.  It was getting very dark, so I knew a storm was approaching.

I managed to get Dad & Yana's mower loaded and the kids and when we got up the road, the bottom fell out.  So I unloaded it in the pouring rain.  When we got back home it still wasn't raining LOL! So I loaded moms.  Heidi was so nervous because it was lightening and thundering.  I managed to load it before the rain and up the road of course it was pouring again.  Wouldn't you know when we got to moms it hadn't even rained.  Funny how that works.

Here we are after 1 of the times with getting soaked.....

 I mean like I couldn't even hardly see in front of us.  And then like 4 miles up the road it hadn't rained a drop.
 It had mellowed off when we got home, so I was able to let the dogs out.  I had to get in their fence to fix their feeder.  This girl has learned how to tweak quite a few things ;-)!!! I have learned that zip ties work wonders haha! 

In the mean time, my cousin sent me this picture of her beautiful daughter in one of the birthday shirts I made her.  It put a big smile on my face :)!!!
 The yucky weather and crazy day brought us inside sooner than we usually are.  We were all so yucky, so we got baths and started supper.  It was a breakfast kind of night :)!!

The babies love to help me cook..... and I will be honest.... I love for them to help me. 
 And I love this picture...... it isn't staged, it is as real as real can get.  This is how most all of our nights end.  I rock all of them, but when the babies fall asleep, I put them in bed and then come back and Heidi likes to rock until she falls asleep.  If I am too tired to do that, she and I go crawl in the bed :)!! But I LOVE the realness of it.....
 And this was yesterday........
 He has fallen in love with this bear.  He calls it Teddy.  Teddy has sat in his chair in his room for a year or so,  but all of a sudden is his best bud!  He even called me the other night from Babee's to tell me to get Teddy from his room because he (teddy) is afraid of the dark.  He went to church with us Sunday morning & night.  And as I am typing this, he is on the couch with Karter watching Disney on my phone.  Not sure what struck the sudden obsession, but he is certainly attached.

AND GUESS WHOSE BIRTHDAY IS TODAY..... yep..... our Sophie girl.  I took this picture last night.  Her last night as a 2 year old!!!! Time seriously flies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment