Friday, June 21, 2013

Only By The Grace of God....

 There is really not a reason that I haven't wrote about this.   Just been trying to find the right words I guess.  And still comprehending God's mercy and playing those few minutes over & over in my head.

It is merely a blessing that I am even doing this blog to tell you about what happened.  God is good.  So good.  Monday was our "date before Kyle leaves" rule that he came up with.  I had blogged the other day about us going to the movies.  That was it :)!

Well he was driving and I was in the passenger seat talking to him and texting my friends like usual.  We were right in front of my moms house.  She lives on a very busy highway that has constant traffic.  Mostly beach traffic.  I had just texted my friend, Whitney, back and looked up when I saw my life past before my eyes.  Keep in mind that traffic there is not slow by any means.  Everyone is in a hurry to get to the beach or get home.

I calmly told Kyle that "they" were about to hit us.  It is honestly by the Grace of God that they did not PLOW into my side of the car.  I am 100% positive if I had not of looked up when I did and got Kyle's attention that I would be spending my days in Heaven. 

It is the first time I have ever had something happen and really tried to figure God out.  There is no figuring God out.  God is God and that is exactly what makes Him so AWESOME! There was a girl driving the tahoe and she had a guy friend with her and another lady friend following them.  In order to miss us, she had to SAIL through Mom's yard.  She was truly an amazing driver and without a doubt all of our Guardian Angels were with us.  She managed to miss crashing into moms house and into her big oak tree.  The only physical damage that was done was Moms flower bed.  The impact of the tahoe flying through them snapped her trees.  I didn't even realize that until last night when we were there.

I never yelled, or even got mad at Kyle for that matter.  It was truly an accident that was completely avoided by only one explanation.  When the Tahoe missed my door, it is only another Miracle as to why we didn't hit her.  As soon as we turned in, Kyle jumped out of my Tahoe and ran to check on them.  He felt so bad and kept apologizing.  I had to sit in my car for a little while.  I was completely startled and just had to have some time with God. 

Just so happened that Mom and the kids were outside.  They heard everything and came running around to see what happened.  Never expecting to see us.

Once I got my composure together and saw that they were okay, I got out of the car.  I hugged each of my kids so tightly and then went to the girl driving the Tahoe and just commended her on her excellent driving.  She was so shook up.  She and her friend following just kept apologizing for the flower bed and messing the grass up.  I assured her that the grass and flower bed can be replaced.  A life couldn't. 

As soon as they were headed back to their vehicles to leave, I just burst into tears.  I cried for so many reasons.  I cried because of how beyond thankful I was to be safe.  I cried because of how I know without a doubt that Jesus had the wheel.  I cried because my beautiful children and mother would have had to see the accident first hand and all the possibilities that would have come with it.  I know without a doubt that Kyle and I both will be in Heaven when something happens to us, but if I can help it, I would rather my children & mom not be the 1st on the scene to see us after a bad crash.  Anyway, so many thoughts are still going through my head.  I am sure so many of you have experienced something like that, but that was my first one that severe.  Not only that, somehow I know that I would not be here if she had of hit my door. 

Y'all know I am a picture taker..... I took these pictures for you, but also for a constant reminder to me of how BLESSED we are.  Never try to figure God out.  You won't ever be able to.  Just trust in Him.  He has purposes and reasoning's beyond anything we could ever imagine.




This next picture is of my Tahoe.  We didn't even bother moving it from right off the road.


And these are the ones I took last night.  I thought moms flower bed was okay until last night.


All of those little trees and bushes were snapped.  All but 2 I think it was.  Just a clean cut.

"FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU," declares the Lord, " PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU, PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE."
                           ~Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment