Monday, June 10, 2013

VBS Family Night, Ice Cream Recipe & Gantt Lake Fun

 I found these pictures from VBS on someone's facebook page.  So I stole me a copy since they had my kiddos in them :)!!
 And then ole Kyro telling them how to do the Soggy Bottom Relay.
 The girls got in this hair curling kick Friday.  So I curled their hair with hot sticks.  Heidi's hair has gotten sooooo long.  She loves it and so do I :)!!

 Rockin' her cool new shades Kayla got her for the tumbling recital :)!

Friday night was Family Night for VBS.  After a fun filled Friday (park with Babee, swimming lessons, playing at home) , Sophie Girl zonked out as soon as I put her in the car.

 I was so excited because we ended up getting to sit right behind Heidi :)!!! She is still very shy, but she is getting better.  She did start to do the motions some :)!
I had to record Sophie doing the song and motions as Heidi Bug was up on stage.  Excuse the nose picking LOL! I didn't notice it until I re-watched the video.  Didn't seem to phase her one bit.

I changed seats once the kids got up there so that I could video and take pictures with my real camera.  I guess Kyro decided to get a snap shot of Kman telling me he wanted to go sit with his Daddy.... & then I loved it/completely cracked up when I saw the "selfie" pictures of Kyle and Karter. 
 


 Kman trying to push on Heidi a little bit in the food line.

They fed us YUMMY Boston Butt, corn on the cobb, baked beans, and we had homemade icecream for dessert.

 I brought strawberry.  It was some kind of fine!

1 box of strawberry jello
1 can evaporated milk

mix those two together really well then add the following:

1 can Eagle Brand
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups sugar
And I chopped up a bag of frozen strawberries I had bought for smoothies.

Pour in your freezer and fill the rest with milk.  YUMMO!!!

Had to get a picture of our sweet kiddos after Family Night. 
 The chillrens wanted to stay with Babee, so we went there after church.  Kman stayed inside with Babee while the rest of us went on a nightly golf cart ride.  So fun!

 OK.... so the kitties are wonderful.  We still have 2.  RIP Bopsie..... not sure where she is.

BUT..... they are messing up one of my ferns.  Now those of you that know me, know that I don't have a green thumb as it is.  Mom and Dad are both trying to help me out with that problem.  Dad split up one of their big ferns and anyway I now have 4.  I have done soooo good about watering them and such, but noticed my front porch fern was looking kinda rough. 

Here's why.....
 
 And then I also spotted them in the laundry room taking a rest on some dirty towels....
 and their favorite spot.... my car engine/tires.
 Hopefully they'll survive.  We just have made it a habit to make sure we see them before we crank the vehicle. 

Saturday we went to Gantt to ride the boat.  We had SOOOO much fun!  My childhood memory bank was going crazy.  I have missed that place so much.

Anyway, I was in and out with loading stuff and caught the girls in my car.  Sophie was driving and Heidi was holding on for dear life LOL! 
 Oh gosh and before we headed to Gantt, we went by Dad & Yana's and Heidi's shoebox recipient had written her a letter :)!! They sent it to the church, so Yana brought it home.  How stinking cool???
 Okay back to the lake pictures....

 Love this of the kiddos......

 Heidi's first ever tube ride....... she loved it!

 Kman loves to help Papa drive the boat.....
 A short storm came, so we chilled on the porch until it passed.  Thankfully it didn't last long at all.  But check out these pictures of Papa and the babies. 



 Karter loved it and kept wanting to do it again and again.
 Sophie decided she needed to change clothes & eat 2 bananas while we waited LOL!



 The guys got brave and started doing no hands and standing up....  I on the other hand was holding on for dear life.


 Karter Man completely crashed.  He just lay down on the seat himself and fell asleep.  He took a good ole nap.
 HAHA Okay so I LOVE these next 5 pictures....  They show Tyler falling off picture  by picture.




 Took KC a little while to convince me that he would act "right" if I rode with him.  Felt like old times :)!!





 He was seriously choking me here.... pulling my life jacket up so tight.

 HAHA And then he crashed....



 Heidi riding with Papa & KyKy.....

 Sophie sat on the tube, but wasn't quite brave enough to ride it.








 And then I did it with Dad & Tyler....





 Right as we were starting to load the boat up it started to rain again.  Good timing :)!! 

Look at what crazy Sophie was doing with Grandmommy Faye's candles....




 Saturday was so much fun :)!!! I have to admit, I am still sore today though.

Yesterday afternoon King Kong came on... the boys enjoyed watching it together :)!! Bond time hehe!
 I rode with Mom to a sweet dear man's memorial service at church.  Mr. Ed would always bring a smile to my face and everyone else's.  The church was so full.  Anyway, Kyle stayed home and kept the kiddos because Dad, Yana, and Tyler went as well :)!!  He didn't mind chillaxing though.

When I got back and in comfy clothes, Heidi made me pick her up and hold her a minute, then Karter, (Sophie was asleep), and then ole Kyro.  His foot has started swelling & he was sore from the tube, knee board, and skis, so I "held" him too.  Heidi had his phone and was snapping pictures.  I know it looks silly and immature, but that's how we roll.




 AND finally....... got him off the ground.
 Last night we saw Police lights and decided to "chase" them.  HAHA! Not real exciting... they just pulled someone over.  But got this snap shot of us as we were investigating LOL! 
 Last night after church (and before police chase hehe) we went to moms.... I was looking through her ipod pictures and came across this.... sooo special to me.  I'm not sure how old Heidi was here, but those are both my babies from growing up.  Elizabeth & Cory.  Heidi loves playing with them.
 And then check out the selfie pics I saw on there LOL!!! 
Anyway hope everyone has a fabulous Monday!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment