Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Evening Beach Trip, Yummy Suppers, Swimming Lessons, Date Day, & Chickens!

Okay I thought I would start you off with those videos.  I had no clue Kyle was recording us.  She kept trying to figure out how she could get back in my belly (was trying unsuccessfully to go through my mouth) so he was trying to record her.  He didn't get that taped, but managed to get our hand games LOL!

So last Thursday we went to the beach to eat and hang out at Pier Park with The Tisdales.  On the way, we got to watch an Osprey land.  It was pretty stinking awesome.

Aren't these children so precious?



Brayden loves to play with his Momma's hair, so playing with Sophie's just came natural.
The kids had so much fun at Miracle Strip. 


Sophie even became friends with the worker for the jumping thing.






Since Sophie and the boys weren't tall enough for the Carousel, Tad Pole was a team player and rode it with all of them.




Heidi was pep talking Sophie about the planes.  Such a great big sister.



Awww... me and my Sweet Thang :)!
So Heidi REALLY wanted to do the trampoline thing where she is in a harness and all that jazz.  Well for (1), it was really late and we still had to drive home, (2) it's $10 to  jump on that thing, (3) the line was RIDICULOUS!!!  Anyway, she and I went over there to let her do it bc she was crying.  Well we stayed in line for a little bit and then I said, "Baby if we were staying here it would be different because we wouldn't have to drive home".... anyway she kept crying and thanks to Tad making us feel bad, she and Kyle went.  Stood in line for 45 minutes.  She got to jump twice because her harness messed up, so that made her extra happy.  And we got home just right before midnight.  *YAWN*. 
I talked about Friday a little on my last blog, but I didn't mention Swimming Lessons since it was a "Dads Blog" :)!!  Anyway, before swimming lessons, Sophie wanted oreos and milk.  Of course she bumped her cup and spilt it EVERYWHERE!
Heidi left early that morning and went to the beach with her friends to celebrate Oki's birthday.  She had so much fun.  I LOVED getting pictures throughout the day.


And here are some of little bit's swimming lessons.....

I was cracking up because as Sophie was going around kicking her feet and stuff, they were telling us how she "chases butterflies".... she immediately lost her train of thought and stopped what she was doing to look around for the butterfly LOL! I died laughing.


 Okay, so Saturday morning we went to get our newest additions to the family.  5 exotic chickens.  They like came in the mail and everything hehe :)!!  The kids love them... and I guess I have to admit, Kyle and I do too :)!! We have been wanting chickens again, just haven't really took the plunge.  Anyway, these came up and were free, so why not.  We got them for the eggs.  Gonna start teaching the kids a little responsibility :)!!


It is so funny now, but after we got home with them, Sophie had one of them and was like holding it down and trying to cover it up.  Well we thought she had killed it.  It was all slumped over.  Wouldn't hold its head up.  Acted like it couldn't bend its legs.  It was sad.  Kyle was on the phone with my Dad at the time & I walked away from the chickens and told mom that my heart just couldn't take it.  I went and told KC he would have to come finish the chicken off because apparently Sophie paralyzed it. He came and looked at her and wouldn't you know, the silly thing just started acting fine.  I guess she was faking death?  Heidi was so made at Sophie and kept telling her that she killed it.  Here we are 5 days later and we still have all 5 of them.

Monday afternoon, Kyle and I went on our movie date.  We watched, "Now You See Me".  It was a very good movie. 

Anyway, on the way Kyle had us singing old school tunes.  I was laughing my head off while he sang but of course I was singing too.  We both knew every word to most of the songs.
We ran by Wally World after and you know they have those big candy bins at the front with like 98 cent candies?  Well I came across these... and they are THE BOMB!!!
Monday night we had a DELICIOUS meal at MeMe's.  Steak, potato, salad, all sorts of yummy things.  It was a wonderful evening just hanging out with MeMe, Jon Wesley, Leigh Ann, and the girls.  We all went for a walk after we ate.  The kids love walking when we go to her house.

And yesterday morning Karter & Heidi went to a Kidz Kamp.  They had a BLAST!  I was nervous about Karter going, but he did great.  He talked and talked about it.  Before we got there he told me he needed his backpack LOL!  I think he is ready to start big school.

I was so glad to have a friend that was there to send me pictures.  She sent this one of Heidi holding a Salamander. 
Hank came to spend the day with us yesterday, but I had already paid and signed the other 2 up for the Kidz Kamp (Sophie was too young), so he and Soph had several hours just to themselves.
Here are the turtles they painted.
Want to hear a funny?  On the paper it said they would be painting turtles.  Well, we knew it was like a fun animal thing where they held the Salamander, touched a snake, and held a frog.... so we were thinking they were like painting turtle shells, or miniature turtles.  We are crazy I know!!  Kyle & I were both relieved that it was only a canvas painting of a turtle hehe!

For the past few days Kyro has been working on our chicken coop.  Once Kman got home, he and Sophie girl had to help him.  Of course they said they had to take their shirts off just like Daddy :)!


Last night we grilled chicken kabobs, had shrimp, baked potatoes, cheesy mexican rice, corn on the cob, rolled green beans, homemade biscuits, deer sausage, & I think that is it :)!! My bestie, Amanda, and her hubby, Momma, and Tyler came over to eat.  It was yummy I might add.  I had been working on the meal on and off all day (which was nice.  I love to be able to do that).  So when it came time to grill, the girls and I sat outside with Kyro and grilled and watched a storm brew up in the distance. 

Karter man ended up falling asleep before everyone got here and slept for hours.  He was give out. 

I also fixed an ice cream sandwich dish.  You take ice cream sandwiches and lay in the bottom, spread cool whip over them.  I also mixed in some caramel with the cool whip, and then squirt chocolate syrup over it.  Then layer again.  It was so yummy!

And I didn't think to take a picture of the food before we ate it, but here is my empty plate haha!!

We have ate good the past several nights needless to say hehe & have had a wonderful time just being with family. 

Love our simple life :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment