Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby Names..........

I thought it would be neat to do a post on my children's names... like how we decided on those names and what some names were that we talked about naming each child.

#1: Heidi Leigh Colquett
Born: May 1, 2006
Weight: 8lbs 6 oz

* Lola - I wanted to name her Lola soooo very badly, but Kyle just would not agree to it :( Which is why she has a baby doll named Lola.
* Kyleigh - We talked about Kyleigh because well his name is Kyle and my middle name Leigh... we decided not to because we knew someone that had named their daughter Kylie and Kyle's got this thing about having a child with the same name as someone he knows.
* Maddie - We liked Maddie, but that seemed too common.... and it is.. we know lots of Maddie's.
* Carrington - I really liked this name, mostly because it sounded girlie and classy...
* Georgia - After Kyle's Grandaddy George
* Heidi - The reason she is named Heidi is because Kyle came home from work one day and just told me out of the blue that her name was going to be Heidi. He didn't know anyone by that name and it was a name that just popped in his head, so he KNEW that she had to be named Heidi. I was NOT fond of that at all. I didn't like it very much until my baby shower when i got lots of monogrammed things and knew I didn't have a choice now *L*! Her middle name is Leigh which is after my mom and I. We like to put family names somewhere in their names.


#2: Myles Karter Colquett
Born: April 15, 2009
Weight: 7 lbs 14 oz
* Deacon - I wanted Deacon before Kyle told me that his name had to have the initials MKC because of his and his dads initials.
* Karson - I LOVE the name Karson!! I have a cousin that named their son Carson... they live in Crestview and we don't get to see them but maybe twice a year and sometimes not that... so Kyle wouldn't agree to it.
* Myles - I wanted to call him Myles instead off the "K" name. We got Myles from Matthew (Kyle's first name) and Kyle put together. BUT Kyle told me that we had to call him by the K name because of Kent and Kyle... .uggghhhh!!!! pressure *L*!
* Kirk - I just never could like this for my child
* Kamden - For some reason Kyle didn't like Kamden... I am glad he didn't agree to it because there are two Camden's in Sophie's class.
* Kaleb - The reason we didn't do Kaleb is because the McCord's had their triplets 4 months earlier and named one of them Caleb.
* Kasper - OKAY soooo while you are probably chuckling at this name, I really liked it. Kyle of course made complete fun of it!!!
* Heidi finally told his his name was Karter.... and it was like a light bulb went off. We said okay.... that can be spelt with a K.... so he is MKC III.... :)


#3: Sophie Lynne Colquett
Born: June 26, 2010
Weight: 8lbs 3 oz

* Hadley - She was actually either going to be Sophie or Hadley. We were soooo close to naming her Hadley. Meredith actually put that name in my head :)!! The reason we decided against it was because I thought Heidi & Hadley sounded too much alike.
* Harper - I still really like Harper and then I could have used Heidi's "H" stuff. Kyle didn't like it because I have family members with the last name Harper.
* Halle - This is pronounced like Halle Berry. We threw this one up in the air, but it never did sound right to us.
* Reagan - I loved this name.... Kyle on the other hand wasn't too crazy about it. The deal was He named Heidi, Heidi named Karter, so I got to name "this one". *L*!!
* Laela - Kyle actually picked this name out and LOVES it. He still loves this name. The reason I didn't want Laela is because I know someone that has a daughter named Lila and that was too similar.
* Emerson - Oh how I love Emerson.... We had talked about Emerson Morgan... Morgan would be after his Grandaddy Colquett. The reason we opted against it was because my mom said people would make fun of her and say stuff like, "Emerson nice shoes".... get it.... Them are some....
* Farrah - Okay so out of all our names Kyle's two most favorite were Laela and Farrah. I liked Farrah, but I didn't love Farrah and to me that's like naming someone Cher or Shaniah.... ya know?
* Quinn - This was actually another one of Kyle's picks. I just couldn't see Quinn Colquett as a name. Quinn.... Quinn.... Quinn.... just wasn't something I wanted to say FOREVER!!
* Olivia - I still think this is a beautiful name. The only reason we didn't choose this one was because I have a classmate that named her daughter Olivia. Such a pretty name.
* Zoey - I think we just tossed this one up in the air.... but didn't go too far with it.
* Lillie - LOVE the name Lillie/Lily.... BUT we know 3 Lillie's..... so of course that was a NO!!
* Georgia - We actually talked seriously about Georgia again.... BUT not long after Karter was born, someone we know named their daughter Georgia, so that went out the window.
* So finally one day I was going through one of my magazines and I came across the name Sofia... and it just hit me right in the face.... SOPHIE.... Her name is SOPHIE LYNNE.... Lynne is from his mom's middle name. Kyle had actually run to the part store really quick, but I couldn't wait to tell him... so I called him right then *L*!! He still isn't too crazy about her name, but hey he named Heidi *L*! Sophie definitely looks like a Sophie to me :)!!


Anyway.... I thought you might enjoy that little bit of information :)!! Plus I am sure one day I will forget all of those names... so this way I won't be able to forget them *L*!

No comments:

Post a Comment