Monday, July 25, 2011

Days of Emotions.... Happiness to Saddness...



I was so tired last night by the time the kiddos went to bed that I didn't feel like blogging. Actually, I didn't even turn the TV on in our bedroom (mostly because we couldn't find the remote *L*) and usually I have to have light to go to sleep.

Anyway.... a lot has gone on in the past few days.... so of course I wanted to share some pictures and things that have gone on :)!!!

Heidi Colquett is seriously the best big sister there is! She is WONDERFUL! Her brother and sister get mad at her pretty easily, but most of the time she is just trying to help them.




So Friday night Heidi and I went to Elba & got feathers in our hair. I'm not sure if everyone has heard about them, but it is just a fad going around. As soon as we heard about it, we both have wanted one. I really like mine, but Heidi's blends in so well with her hair that you really can't see it. I'm going to try to get her a different color.




After we got our feathers, we rode over to the Elba Oyster Bar & Grill and ate with my dad, Yana, Tyler, Kyle & kids, Uncle and Aunt. It was great food and fellowship :)!! Once we got back into Opp, we hung out at my Dad & Yana's until I had to go back to work. Our system went down right at about 4:30 :( so the work was unable to process. Long story short I left work at 10:23 to be exact.

Heidi and Nana LOVE to dance!!! They were doing the dancing game on the Wii.





Kyle was on call this weekend. He got called out Saturday afternoon. Not long after he left, I got a heart wrenching phone call from my dad. He was calling to let me know that one of our church members, a youth, Jacob Harper (14 years old), passed away. He had a Ranger accident about 2:00 Saturday. In a small town you pretty much know everyone here. And most of the time you are somehow connected to almost everyone. Jacob grew up at Ino... so we all felt like we "KNEW" him. Kyle actually spoke to Jacob Wednesday night and Jacob's last words to him were, "See ya Sunday". It just goes to show us that each day is not promised. Why waste it? Every minute is precious.

Right before we found out about Jacob, we had planned to go to the Pond to ride 4wheelers and the golf cart. I was a little excited because Kyle wasn't home and here was my time to do something on my own. There was already one carseat in Kyle's truck, but I had to add another one. I also had to unload the lawn mower off the trailor and load the golf cart. Thankfully the trailor was already hooked up because that is one thing I don't know how to do. I did forget to tie the golf cart up.... so his mom did that for me :)!!

Oh and how could I forget??? MeMe got a super cute new pup named Izzy. Izzy is a Yorkie Poo and Heidi LOVES her!! She will hardly leave her side. She has stayed with MeMe 3 nights in a row because she wants to be right next to Iz. So anyway Heidi didn't go to the farm with us.

Me, Karter, & Sophie did manage to make it there. My cousins, Drew, Jonathan, & Brock did come over and load the dogs and take them to the farm for me.

Here's KMan with the ear muffs on. The guys were shooting skeet and the guns were oh so loud.



Sadie, Jaycee, & Sierra:


Here's the cart.... loaded and on it's way :)!!!


Of course I could not get the Harper family off my heart and mind.... as we were all sitting around just enjoying each others company, there was this absolutely GORGEOUS rainbow. I guess it was seen all over town it seemed... because so many people posted a picture of it on facebook. But it so quickly reminded me of all of God's promises... He is real and He is true. I really think this was a "sign" for our small town that everything is going to be okay.

Then all of a sudden there were 2 rainbows. See in the left picture there is a bright rainbow on the left and then a not so bright one on the right.


Papa was getting him some Sophie shugga's :)!!



My babies.... they are really getting to that "fun age"... I can tell now that I am going to love their closeness. I guess Kman wasn't too sure about my driving *L* and thought he MIGHT need his helmet????


That is until he fell fast asleep :)!!


Here is how Izzy was when we got back:


MeMe said that Heidi was a WONDERFUL Babysitter and I believe it. She's always wanted a small inside dog.... and now although this one is MeMe's, she kind of feels like she has that.

She and Karter do seem to fuss often though on who is going to hold her.


Heidi being silly:



Saturday night we went to my dads and grilled hamburgers and hung out. We had a great time!

Sunday was Homecoming at church. Adrian Carnley preached and he was amazing! After preaching we had DELICIOUS food! It was the best this year than I remember it being in a while.

After we ate and came home, Heidi of course had to go to MeMe's because of Izzy and Sophie girl was asleep.... so Kman and I got in the little pool. We had the best time :)!!! I found an old chalk board and washed it.... and he kept spraying me with the air compressor and of course the water hose.








Kyle actually took all the pictures and had to take a close up picture of my chill bumps *L*!



I love this little boy and he loves his Mommy :)!!!










KyKy came over a little later and He and Heidi had to stay with Izzy at MeMe's and Karter fell asleep riding the golf cart with Kyle.... so I took advantage and layed out in the little pool with my People magazine *L*!! This hasn't been done in I can't tell you how long.....

These were taking of my sweet Sophie Sunday night:


Tonight was great. Tyler picked the kids up and I came home and cooked Chicken Enchiladas. They were SOOOO good!! We had Mexican Rice and of course Chips and cheese dip with them. DELISH!!

I also washed clothes.... and was able to clean the kitchen :)

Here are Izzy, Kman, and Heidi:



I couldn't take an entire photo shot of Karter because he was naked.... of course *L*!!! He is always naked it seems. BUT I thought it was cute that he was wearing his sister's bed room shoes.



They were SOOOOO proud when MeMe came home and brought Izzy to visit :)!!! Like Sophie's pig tails :)?


We "Dogsat" Izzy while Cindy went and checked on BeBe at the nursing home.


My sweet friend Denise brought over a ton of fresh raspberries and strawberries. So Kyle and I learned how to put raspberries up and of course I have experience with strawberries :)!! I also baked cupcakes for Heidi's "Back to School" bash tomorrow night at her friend, Madalyn's house.


Look how stinking cute Iz is :


HAHA... so Kyro bought him an IPad to take offshore with him... and he has been playing with it... he took this crazy picture of Heidi *L*!!
Izzy was barking at Oscar and kind of hopping around him... it was so cute... of course she stopped when I got the camera out *L*!


Isabella Mae.... aka Izzy:


Sweet Diva:


Sophie Lynne enjoyed her some raspberries:


We were playing with the Ipad :)



Here is an overdue video of Sophie walking around with MeMe:

No comments:

Post a Comment