Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sophie's 12 Month Check Up & She Took 5 Steps

As you can see from above, I took Sophie this morning for her 12 month check up. She is gaining weight which is great... but she is also getting older so therefore she still is not on the chart. She eats everything under the sun... VERY good eater!! So I guess she is just going to always be petite. Oh well!! She'll be thankful when she's 30 :)!

She did really well at the Doctor's office... she got very much ready to leave closer to the end though and got really upset that we weren't leaving. It breaks my heart when they have to get shots :(!! It's that helpless feeling and that look in her eyes for help.... desperation!!! *sniffles*! He asked me what all she could say... and we came up with a total or 4-5 words. She can say Momma, DaDa, Bye Bye, Hi, Hey.... and I think that's all... occasionally she'll say something that sounds like "Thank You" when you give her something.

Kyle has to leave super early in the morning to go out of town for the day, so we didn't go to church so that the kids could wind down earlier than usual tonight. We ate Mexican right when I got off work and then came home. When we got home, I was in the floor playing with Sophie and all a sudden she walked to me. She took at least 5 steps, so of course I praised her like cRaZy and Kyle and the kids heard me, so they came running inside.... and then she did it for them. Of course when we got the camera out to video her she refused to do it. But I know for sure it won't be long now. YIKES!!! LOOK OUT WORLD!!!



These three Blessings make me so happy and so unbelievably thankful that I can call myself a Mom! Each day is new and of course adventurous and most of the time chaotic. Some days are better than others, but hey that's life in general. As Kate Gosselin used to say.... "It might be a crazy life, but it's my life".


These were some pictures from the 4th that I can't believe I forgot to put on here yesterday :)!! They are too cute to leave out.


I had to take some pictures of the ducks and chickens. They love it when we feed them old bread.



Here's Mr Bell Bottoms.... such a stinking cute thing to me.



Josh and Jaycee got to get out to play for a little while too. So I would say in a nut shell that The Colquett Farm is doing pretty spiffy!

Please pray for my Dad and Yana as they are on a Mission Trip in Kentucky. I got to hear his voice tonight :)!! They are having a great time. He said it was about 9:15 pm their time and was still daylight. That would be hard to get used to. But anyway..... just pray that God would continue to do a work in everyone's hearts and they would be able to bring others to know Him. I hope to one day take my 3 kiddos on a Mission Trip. Wouldn't it be awesome to do a family one?

Oh and just a little something interesting for you..... yesterday was our 11 year "dating" anniversary *L*!! We started dating July 5th, 2000. That sounds so crazy to me. Anyway.... tomorrow is already Thursday.... how I love short weeks :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment