Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ByeBye Chickie..... Josh's snack :(

Okay there is definitely a story behind the title. But before I get to that, I'll share a little bit of what has gone on today. Here's a picture of me and my little man this morning before school. He kept trying to take the picture and never could, so I helped him out :)!


I was soooo proud of Karter!! He actually went to the bathroom at school. I would say he is completely potty trained at home (of course except for during the night), but he hasn't wanted to go at daycare.... so I keep encouraging him to go while he is there. He got a sucker today since he did :)!!!

Look at this handsome fella..... he is such a Momma's Little Boy right now. Definitely going through that attachment stage.

Today at lunch I put barbecue porkchops in the oven. You talk about FINE!!! They were so good and tender. So I cooked fresh corn on the cob, cheddar & Broccoli rice, green beans, and buttered bread to go with it. This was Sophie's first time really trying to tackle eating Corn on the Cob with her one pearly white *L*!!


Anyway..... the reason for the title..... this morning Karter woke up yelling in Heidi's bed. Kyle got up with him last night since I have been getting up with him for a while and anyway he put him in Heidi's bed to sleep. Well him yelling of course woke Sophie up..... so everyone was up bright and early this morning! I really like it when everyone is up because we don't seem so rushed and they get to see Kyle before he leaves for work. This morning they went out with Kyle to help him feed and water all the animals. Well they didn't expect to see what they did.... Apparently during the night a chicken (one of the dark ones... but NOT Bellbottoms) flew in Josh & Jaycee's pen. Sooooo sad *sniffles*! He was chewing on the bloody bones this morning and Heidi said she saw some of the muscle too.

Heidi handled it so much better than I expected. All she said was that she, "really liked that one". She kept trying to get me to go outside to see it, but my tender hearted self was already almost crying. I told my dad about it so he came over tonight and trimmed the other chickens' feathers so they can't fly. Now we are down to 3 ducks and 3 chickens.

Here's my Drama Queen checking on them.....



Here's a video of Heidi showing me the chicken dance.... she was so proud that when she got home from school she was able to get a chicken back in the pen and she said it's because she did the chicken dance.

Of course we played outside.... and the kids got DIRTY! One things for sure, my kids always need a bath before bed!!! And yes.... Kman doesn't have pants on. He usually runs around naked at home... so if you make a surprise visit to us, don't be surprised what you see or don't see *L*!!



I don't know if you remember or not, but Heidi got this four wheeler from my Dad & Yana for Christmas 2 years ago. Anyway last year Tyler accidentally broke the break off of it and Kyle was able to fix it tonight. He was so proud :)!! Of course Karter and Heidi were proud too.



Spot and Kman


Here are the remaining ducks and chickens: (they love fresh grass)


It has been so long since Heidi has drove it, so Kyle was re-teaching her how.


Sweet Grandmama rode over with my Dad to visit :)!


A little clip clip.... so hopefully there won't be anymore surprises in the dog pen :)! THANKS DAD!


Heidi holding Bell.... short for Bellbottoms :)!!



No worries... it doesn't hurt them. Just trimming the feathers, so it is like they are getting a haircut.


Sophie and I rode the bike over to Amanda's and Katie & Jackson got there at the same time... so they all came over to the house to check everything out. As Amanda said, if you are ever bored or need some excitement, just come hang out at the Colquett House *L*!


Heidi bug driving it by herself....


Safety First :)


So needless to say.... we have had a great evening! Family time is always nice. My mom and Tyler came over while we were all outside.... so we had us, my mom, Tyler, Dad, Grandmama, Amanda, Jackson, & Katie all here at one time :)!! That's the way I like it.... full of family and friends. Makes great evenings! Heidi wanted to stay with Babee and KyKy... so she went with them and they are going to meet me for lunch tomorrow :)!! I am excited!! And then they are going swimming at Papa & Nana's.

Check out a first for Sophie..... her 1st pony tail :)!! Sooo cute!! Thanks KyKy!


Sophie has really been walking very well. She still isn't 100% confident, but each day it is growing and growing. She has a very fast walk. Or run as my dad says *L*!
Okay... so now to dessert :)!!! I made Paula Deen's Strawberry Cobbler. It was soooo yummo!!! Some people asked for the recipe so I listed it below.



I am subscribed to Paula's Magazine... and this recipe was in the May/June 2010 issue.

Strawberry Cobbler:

12 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 TBS cornstarch
2 TBS water
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large saucepan, combine strawberries and sugar. let stand for 30 minutes .

Cook strawberry mixture, stirring frequently, over medium heat for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until blended. Stir cornstarch mixture into strawberry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute or until mixture is thickened. Spoon mixture into cooking dish.

In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, oats, flour, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Divide mixture evenly over strawberry mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Serve warm.

SOOOOO YUMMY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment