Monday, September 19, 2011

Love = Time

Josh Carnley was our teacher this past week in Sunday School. He always does an amazing job! Anyway he talked about something that a speaker told them at a Men's Conference that really stuck to me. It was that love equals time. In other words... you make time for things you love.

Have your kids ever asked you to do something and you said.... "I will when i get through with the dishes? Or this load of laundry? Or after you clean your room? In a little while?" I am guilty! I am definitely preaching to MY choir. What we are saying is... these dishes are more important than you right now. I love this load of laundry more than I love you. Whatever is more important than those small moments with your child, mother, daddy, grandparent, cousin, friend, stranger.... are moments that you can't get back.

It really hit me hard when he said that. When I got off work, Heidi and I ran to Andalusia to see my friend Whitney and her precious new baby girl... and then headed to my moms house to eat Spaghetti :)!! She had the babies already! Karter and Sophie were already eating... I fixed mine and Heidi's plate and we had a picnic outside. Well Karter left his cup inside... and that sweet little voice of his said, "Momma.... wanna go with me?" .... of course I wanted to tell him that he could go get it... I was trying to eat... he's a big boy... but no... I just smiled and said, "Of course I'll go with you".... Ended up mom was going inside, so I didn't even have to go. BUT... you know... those small things that at the time we don't think make a difference.... really do.

How many times have we said.... God... I would go to church today.... BUT I'd much rather just be lazy, I don't have anything to wear, I need to cook lunch, I need to clean, etc... ya know?? What we are telling him is that those things are more important to us than He is. I am so guilty of that. I am guilty of putting God on the back burner because I have many other things that are more important to me at the time.

Josh really opened my eyes and I thank Him for that. I pray that because of those small words.... love = time... I'll re-think many things before I do them. I hope to be a better person, mother, daughter, friend, sister because of it.

PS: 4 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment