Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Storm Becomes A Blessing.....

I'm going to start off by saying that all of my wonderful children slept last night :)!! HIP HIP HOORAY!! I woke up on my own at 5 this morning.... usually I set my alarm for 5:30, turn it off, and go back to sleep because I could use a little more *L*!! But this morning I couldn't go back to sleep. It's amazing how good you feel when you get a good nights rest. SOOO I have already gotten a shower and gotten ready for the day! Maybe it's excitement too?? I have about 28 hours until I get to see Kyle :)!! Which also means I need to go to the store during lunch to buy Dr Pepper :)!!!

Okay... before I share with you what my Title means, I'll share some pictures... you know I like to try to keep things in order *L*!!

Here's my beautiful big baby girl before school Tuesday.
Heidi bug was "teaching" Karter how to "read".... I thought it was sweet :)!!


Heidi bug took this picture. I still rock all my babies every night (as long as they are here) and that includes Heidi :)!! She was sitting with me while I blogged and started taking pictures of her mouth *L*!! They were too blurry to share.

Karter wanted to go to Babee's house SOOO bad the other night. He was hanging on *L*!! He ended up staying home and was fine. He is most definitely in that "go-go" stage.
So before we met to get Heidi from dance, I fixed the babies a grill cheese and they were eating a snack. Well look what Kman decided to do....... he slung cheerios EVERYWHERE!!!! It was a MESS!!!
HAHA I know this picture looks weird... but I couldn't get a picture of the cheerios everywhere without cutting their heads off *L*!!
Anyway.... last night was a good night. Mom picked the kids up from school/twirling lessons (Yep Heidi has decided to be a "majorette"). Anyway of course they were "starving" so Babee got them Burger King. That was so much easier on me because Wednesday nights are so hectic before church with fixing supper and getting baths and trying to do homework.

For whatever reason they decided to bring the baby doll beds into the living room *L*!! They were pretty sweet playing with them :)!! Cute too!!


Here's a little video of Sophie rocking in the cradle.... and mom was trying to leave without causing a big scene... but Sophie caught her *L*!! So 1/2 way through the video she points to her and says, "Babee"!!! *L*!!



Soooo back to my title. I had planned to go to church last night... as I always try and want to do. The kids played for a little while and then I gave them a bath. Well about 6ish my mom sent me a message and said that she was getting gas and it was about to storm. Well I didn't really think much about it until the bottom fell out. I mean it was raining so hard you could hardly see... thundering, lightening, wind blowing. It was storming! Well of course my immediate reaction and thought is how am I going to get these 3 kids out of my car at church, in a storm, alone? So in my head I was going through my different options... well all of them really seemed to be not so good ones. SOOOO I let the storm be more important than God and I told the kids that I didn't think we needed to go because of the weather. WELLLLL Heidi Bug and Karter Man kept me in line. They wanted to go to church!! It would be okay. "Let's just try" Heidi said. So what did I do??? I said okay.... I loaded those kiddos up and off we went!!!

What a true blessing I received from them. When we got to church, it was barely raining.... just a light sprinkle. Amazing huh? I got the children out one by one and thankfully Yana was standing not far inside and she held Karter while I got sleeping Sophie. But you know... I learned a valuable lesson. We need God most when we are in a storm. Right? It would have been so much easier and more convenient for us to stay home and for me to tell God... "I Love you, but I just don't think I can do this alone". Well he showed me :)!!! Through my kids that is. It also blessed me that they know the importance of church and learning about Jesus that they wanted to go... even in the bad weather. God uses the little things sometimes to teach us a big lesson :)!!

THAT is why I love being a mom so much. They bless me each and every day in their own special little way.

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! This is a storm I battle all the time! Where you have 3 kids, I have one with lots of Stuff!! HA! Thanks for this!! I needed it!!

    ReplyDelete