Monday, January 14, 2013

Cinderella Cinderella.....

Whew!  My mom called me Cinderella this morning when I told her I was scrubbing our kitchen grout LOL!!! I thought.... that is a PERFECT blog title :)!!

A stay at home mom's job is a job that is never over.  Any "15 minute" break I get, is much deserved :)!!!  I work from the time the first kids beautiful eyes pop open.... until the last ones beautiful eyes are shut.  I seriously don't know an 8-5 job anymore :)!!  But I love it.... even the days that I feel like we have been cooped up too long and just HAVE to get out of the house.  I told one of my ex co-workers last week that the only thing I miss most about working is getting to dress up everyday and wearing heels.  It seems that now when I wear heels it is almost a chore & I have to reteach myself how to even walk in them HAHA!  Sweats and tshirts are my new work attire.

I have been trying my hardest on getting our house in order?!?!?!? WAIT..... it just hit me.... can that even exist with children? LOL???  My dad and step mom gave me a beautiful wooden decorative piece for Christmas that says, "Good moms have sticky floors, dirty ovens, and happy kids"... how true?  Our floors are always sticky no matter how many times I vacuum and mop.  Our oven is actually clean LOL.... only because I spilt something in the bottom of it and we cleaned it before Kyle left (Which brings me...... I HATE the smell and burning of my eyes when I clean the oven).

Okay, y'all know I try to keep my blog as real as I can.  I am so embarrassed to even show you what I am about to show you.  Well over a year ago my mom helped me organize each of our cabinets.  I think I actually blogged about it.  Well ever since then..... ummmmm.... well this one in particular just kind of has had issues.  I am SO thankful that my husband does put the dishes up occasionally!  I will just say that :)!!!  

SO check out how my cabinet was before I tackled it again last week:
 I took everything out so that I could see what I had and then began organizing.  I had stuff EVERYWHERE!
 And y'all...... I have to say, Kyle has been telling me that I have a hoarding problem of plastic containers and boxes.  Once I unloaded the cabinet, I was sad to agree with  him (the boxes are outside of course).  Look at all these containers.... what in the World?? 
 And bowls.... bowls.... bowls....
 I save empty ice cream containers, chinese take outs, sour cream containers, cool whip, just whatever that I think I can put something in if I needed to.

 My mom had a good point..... for someone that doesn't even like left overs (ME), I sure have alot of containers.  I think why I keep the sour cream ones, cool whip, etc. is because if I need to send some food to like moms or something, I can put it in those and not worry about her having to get it back to me.  That's the only explanation I can come up with to satisfy my embarrassment LOL!

Here is my corner cabinet after :) -------
 So far so good on the organization staying this way.  It is easier when I put the dishes up because I know exactly where it goes.  Just note..... I am NOT going to complain if Kyro puts the dishes up :)!!

And then we have this other weird rather large closet in our dining room that gets used for what nots.  It has crock pots, toaster, all of my crystal things, cake plates, etc.  It also needed major help!
I didn't take a picture of that finished product, but it is very organized now too :)!!  Just makes you feel good when things aren't so cluttered.

 Today I really did feel like Cinderella.  If you have never heard me complain about our white kitchen, well hear me now.... I DO NOT like our white kitchen.  It is SOOO hard for me to keep clean.  The grout in the kitchen had gotten soooo yucky!!  So I got me a bucket of clorox and water and got to scrubbing.  I scrubbed and I scrubbed. 

 I wasn't even 1/2 way through and my finger started burning pretty bad.  I noticed I had a couple holes in my glove.  Well the gloves were new, so I knew the clorox must have just eat through them.  I kept scrubbing until the burn just got too bad.  I took that glove off and put the left one on that side and finished the job.  Once I got through, I noticed the clorox had I guess caused 2 blisters on my finger..... explains the burning.

 I absolutely earned my pay today :-)))))  !!! 

I want to leave you with a couple videos.  This first one is Soph and I talking about her paint color for her room.  The second one is of Soph dancing.  She LOVES to dance and just about cannot "not" dance if music comes on.  It is so natural for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment