Thursday, January 3, 2013

Great times with Friends, Little Shopping, & Fun Days....

Well I had a blog almost completely finished the other day and it once again completely WIPED it clean! Very annoying when it does that.  As soon as it erases everything, it does the auto save and of course all is lost.
 
So thought I would give it another whirl :)..... & I will start with this most awesome saying that I found and had to get for our wall.
 
We did something this year that is so not like us (or more me I guess.... KC is all about the Black Friday shopping... more so to watch the people he said LOL), but we did a little shopping the day after Christmas.  I had high expectations to find lots of Christmas decorations on sale.  Apparently the serious shoppers got there early and we missed out.  We still had lots of fun though.
 
We started out by eating a yummy lunch at TGIFridays.  Heidi is not a shopper, so she stayed and had fun with Babee while we went.
MeMe got the kiddos jackets for Christmas, so I took her a pic of the babies to show her they were enjoying them on that cold and windy day & the pictures were just too cute to me not to share.


I am sure after seeing that picture of Soph and Kyle, you are thinking.... "what is he thinking???".... well I want to know that too.  I think he just loves the beard because he knows I don't.  Hopefully come February 1st he will once again look like his normal self.
 
We had to swap something in the mall, so what is a mall trip without a ride on the carousel (sp?)? 

We were just extra productive that day.  My mom gave us a gift card to Lowe's so we used it as well.  Got lots of goodies for the house :).  We knew for sure we were getting a new storm door, so we got the bigger "buggy" and the babies loved it.
They were testing out the door.... hehe....
And FINALLY on our way home we stopped by so I could meet my cousin's newest addition, Mallory.  She is so perfect!!  Since Soph had the flu the week she was born, I wasn't able to go see her and surely didn't want to risk transmitting any sickness.  I was so excited when Sophie was better so I could get my hands on her :).
While I got lots of baby loving, Soph and Kman jumped on Frazier's new trampoline :).
We got back home farely early which was a big surprise :).  The girls put in to stay with Babee, so we let them.  My husband absolutely LOVES deer hunting!!!! I really think he would just sleep in the woods the entire season if he could.  So while he hunted and the girls were at Babees, Karter Man & I got some much needed cleaning and organization taken care of.

Mom sent me this picture of Sophie first thing that morning and I just busted out laughing. 
And then Heidi Leigh had to get her go at them :).....
Most of you that know us know that we just really do not like playdoh!  I think working with the children at church and playing with it ruined us.  Just makes a huge mess.  Anyway, KyKy got them this really neat playdoh kit for Christmas, so while I cleaned I let Karter play with it.  I had to get a picture of it because it is sooooo rare. HA!
Anywho, Kyle didn't kill a deer in the woods, but my cousin did.  Kyle went to help him clean it at my aunt and uncles house and he ended up shooting a 6 point that just basically ran right up to him.  He was so excited.  Just look at that smile LOL!!!!

That night we finished up our Christmas with my moms side of the family's Christmas.  Here is a piture of Heidi, Hank, and Brayden :).....
 
My Aunt Becky is the bomb!  She jokingly got Kyle some razors and shaving cream.  I just hope he uses it..... ASAP!!!!
Hank had Sophie's name and he built her this most precious bear named Pinkie.  Sophie loves it.  On our way to the Honey Hole last Friday, I took a picture to show them just how much she loved it :)...
Kyle's Uncle Jud asked us to come out to the farm to take some pictures of his family and then we ended up sticking around for a little while to shoot skeet.  It was Karter's first time being around it and he LOVED it!!
They taught Karter how to pull the string on the skeet thrower (I don't know the proper term), and he thought that was the most awesome thing.  See him holding the string?


Here is what me and Soph did while they were shooting....
I LOVE this picture of my boys......

That night we went out with some friends to celebrate.  It was Kyle's buddy's birthday, so they invited us to dinner.  The kiddos had lots fun playing with Emmie Kate while we waited.



Saturday night we grilled steaks at our friends Tad & Kayla's house.  So we had a weekend full of fun with friends :).
Sophie and Brayden are the "outgoing" ones in the bunch & since they love to dance, we thought we would try to record them.  Soph was trying her hardest to hold back.  But I tell you, B has some moves!


BAAHAAA don't come between Sophie and One Direction..... she is such a mean rascal.

Here is a video of how just stinking mean she is.  And she is so quick tempered.  She tells me I am mean at least 15 times a day!! 
How could I end this blog without sharing Kyle's first pony tail with you? 
He is such a fun Dad.....

No comments:

Post a Comment